MINDvention Schedule of Events

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Danny Archer

Postby Danny Archer » October 7th, 2004, 1:23 pm

It's five weeks until the start of the first ever MINDvention. MINDvention is a convention dedicated to the art of mentalism. Imagine three jam packed days in Las Vegas learning all about this exciting topic from some of the top performers in the field.

The days are filled with lectures, shows, panel discussion, dealers room and much, much more.

Dates are November 14-16th, 2004 and will be held at the San Remo hotel in beautiful Las Vegas, NV. For more information, follow the link at the bottom of the page and don't miss out on your chance to learn from some of the giant's of mentalism.

Sunday 14th

Noon RegistrationOpens

3:00 Lecture 1 (Chuck Hickok)

5:00 Dinner Break/Dealers

6:30 Panel Discussion -
Mentalism in non-traditional environments

8:30 Lecture 2 (Mark Strivings)

10:00 Presentation - Mentalists Marketing Materials (Terry Nosek)

Monday 15th

11:00 AM Lecture 3 (Brad Henderson)

12:30 Lunch/Dealers

3:00 Panel Discussion The Ethics of Mindreading

5:30 Dinner Break/ Dealers

7:30 Lecture 4 (Alain Nu)

9:30 Attendee Show

Tuesday 16th

11:00 PM Lecture 5 (Bob Cassidy)

12:30 PM Lunch/Dealers

3:00 PM Lecture 6 (Max Maven)

4:30 PM Dinner Break

6:30 PM Panel Discussion - The Creative Process
Growing in the Art of Mentalism

8:30 PM All Star Show

Schedule/performers subject to change

MINDvention
Producer of MINDvention
mentalism convention

Danny Archer

Re: MINDvention Schedule of Events

Postby Danny Archer » October 18th, 2004, 12:04 pm

Hi All,

Many interesting comments have been made about some perfomers not appearing and here is what's going on regarding MINDvention...

First off the artists cancellation clause is something I put in the contract, not the performer (and yes we do have a written contract) conventions do not work on the same pay scale that performers can get in the real world even big national conventions cant pay the performer what they can make doing a private gig (so imagine how it is to do a smaller convention) especially as we have never done MINDvention before I had no idea how many people would attend.

As doing shows is how these performers pay their bills and feed their families, they sometimes have opportunities that they just cant say no to, and I as the organizer agree and support their decision 100%. When booking MINDvention, I told each performer that if they get a better opportunity to take it and let me know and we lost two performers that way and one had to cancel due to health related reason. In four years of putting on the LVMI convention we have only had one performer not make the convention (the same person twice!) and the conventions went forward and thats what we plan to do

I am hopeful that the performers who had to cancel will all want to return and do a future MINDvention ... That said the MINDvention will take place as scheduled and the line-up is still very strong, (and there may be a few surprises as well)

Gerry McCambridge said he was coming and there are a few other nationally know magicians (and even some from overseas) who have registered and are attending as well it takes a long time and a lot of work to organize a convention and myself, my partner Robert Allen and our performers are doing the very best we can and we are happy with the results our goal was to put on a convention dedicated to the art of mentalism that would be of interest to established mentalists as well as magicians look to learn more about this fascinating field.

I appreciate your taking the time to post your thoughts and feelings and I hope to meet some of you in Las Vegas at the MINDvention
Producer of MINDvention

mentalism convention

Postby Guest » October 30th, 2004, 11:20 am

Hey Danny,

I hope you and the convention do real well this year. I am sure all attending will have a great time.

Due to a change in my performing schedule, I will not be attending. Tell all the guys I said HI.

Danny Archer

Postby Danny Archer » October 31st, 2004, 8:57 am

Sorry you can't make it ... Will send your regards PJ!
Producer of MINDvention

mentalism convention

Danny Archer

Postby Danny Archer » November 6th, 2004, 6:33 pm

7 days to go ...
Producer of MINDvention

mentalism convention

Postby Guest » November 8th, 2004, 12:08 pm

For those of you that are attending MINDvention, I just talked to Max Maven and his lecture at The Magic Apple (on November 18th) WILL BE DIFFERENT then the stuff he covers in Vegas! He is going to make this lecture an exclusive with NEW material in both magic and mentalism!!
SO if you are going to MINDvention, have a great time, then come to the Magic Apple too!!!
$35 per person!!

Return to “Buzz”