Bar Code Revelation

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
SebT
Posts: 10
Joined: November 4th, 2015, 12:35 pm

Bar Code Revelation

Postby SebT » June 5th, 2020, 11:46 pm

I'm working on an effect that uses the bar code numbers of a Bicycle box to find a selection. Does anyone know if such an effect exists in print (it probably does) and where? Thank you!

Jonathan Townsend
Posts: 8321
Joined: January 17th, 2008, 12:00 pm
Location: Westchester, NY
Contact:

Re: Bar Code Revelation

Postby Jonathan Townsend » June 6th, 2020, 1:04 am

An item with that very title was recently available. Not sure who owns the rights - was credited to Steve Dela.

If you are working on something for yourself rather than to sell - there are online 3dbarcode (qr code) generators so you can have it say what you like or use the iphone feature to link to a website.
https://www.barcodesinc.com/generator/index.php
https://www.barcodesinc.com/generator/qr/
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Philippe Billot
Posts: 1338
Joined: January 17th, 2008, 12:00 pm
Location: PARIS - FRANCE

Re: Bar Code Revelation

Postby Philippe Billot » June 6th, 2020, 2:17 am

One of the first trick with a Bar Code is "Bar Code Scanner" by Dan Alessini described in The Linking Ring, Vol. 79, no. 5, May 1999, page 110.

See also Eric Maurin's Bar Code marketed in 1998 (The Magic Smith, CA.

SebT
Posts: 10
Joined: November 4th, 2015, 12:35 pm

Re: Bar Code Revelation

Postby SebT » June 6th, 2020, 10:35 am

Jonathan Townsend wrote:An item with that very title was recently available. Not sure who owns the rights - was credited to Steve Dela.

If you are working on something for yourself rather than to sell - there are online 3dbarcode (qr code) generators so you can have it say what you like or use the iphone feature to link to a website.
https://www.barcodesinc.com/generator/index.php
https://www.barcodesinc.com/generator/qr/


Oh nice thank you Ill check it out

SebT
Posts: 10
Joined: November 4th, 2015, 12:35 pm

Re: Bar Code Revelation

Postby SebT » June 6th, 2020, 10:38 am

Philippe Billot wrote:One of the first trick with a Bar Code is "Bar Code Scanner" by Dan Alessini described in The Linking Ring, Vol. 79, no. 5, May 1999, page 110.

See also Eric Maurin's Bar Code marketed in 1998 (The Magic Smith, CA.


Merci Philippe :)

Curtis Kam
Posts: 556
Joined: January 18th, 2008, 12:00 pm
Location: Waikiki
Contact:

Re: Bar Code Revelation

Postby Curtis Kam » June 6th, 2020, 2:44 pm

By the way, the numbers listed under the bar code, 7385400808 used to appear in this order 8087385400. Either way, 808 is the area code for Hawaii, USA. And the phone number (808) 738-5400 is a nail salon here in Honolulu that’s probably tired of hearing from magicians.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SebT
Posts: 10
Joined: November 4th, 2015, 12:35 pm

Re: Bar Code Revelation

Postby SebT » June 6th, 2020, 3:31 pm

Curtis Kam wrote:By the way, the numbers listed under the bar code, 7385400808 used to appear in this order 8087385400. Either way, 808 is the area code for Hawaii, USA. And the phone number (808) 738-5400 is a nail salon here in Honolulu that’s probably tired of hearing from magicians.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Haha wow


Return to “Close-Up Magic”