Fast Company (Darwin Ortiz)

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
ksevile
Favorite Magician: Michael Vincent

Fast Company (Darwin Ortiz)

Postby ksevile » July 12th, 2019, 6:54 pm

This has quietly become my favorite effect to perform of all time. For those of you not familiar with it, a version can be found on YouTube under the name A Triumph and a Talk.

I do have one curiousity regarding it however. I’ve never seen anyone else besides Darwin perform it or even so much as maybe one or two mentions online of it. This is quite puzzling to me, as I’ve found I’ve had great success with it. I find it works great as an opener. If someone said I could only perform one effect for the rest of my life, it would unhesitatingly be this one.

I’m just curious, why has it received so little attention? For that matter, I’ve rarely/scarcely seen most of the material in Darwin’s latest book talked about or even performed. Why is this? It is a strange and puzzling phenomenon. I’ve spent the past two months learning 3 or 4 more routines from this book, and in my estimation they are the highest quality.

Perhaps someone could shed some light on why this book is seldom mentioned.

ksevile
Favorite Magician: Michael Vincent

Re: Fast Company (Darwin Ortiz)

Postby ksevile » July 12th, 2019, 7:33 pm

Thank you. That’s actually a great resource. I purchased that download a while back. I’d be interested in hearing other members performance stories. There’s gotta be someone out there who performs this one.

Return to “Close-Up Magic”