Geoff Latta book

Discuss aspects of the new digital access to all back issues of Genii and anything therein.
webbmaster
Favorite Magician: richard Kaufmann

Geoff Latta book

Postby webbmaster » September 12th, 2018, 1:50 pm

I was lucky to receive an early copy of The Long Goodby (Latta on Coins) and have already read it three times ! It is fantastic. The material, writing, photography, printing and binding are all top notch. Although many of Geof's pieces are derivative from David Roth's work, his wrinkles are worth reading and comparing and then there are pieces that are more original. The book is very dense and there is enough in it to last a lifetime of study. It is already my favorite coin book. There will be a book of Geof's on cards (Latta on Cards). Highly recommended. Regards, Gregg Webb

Jonathan Townsend

Re: Geoff Latta book

Postby Jonathan Townsend » September 18th, 2018, 9:19 pm

I'd also like to thank Stephen Minch for bringing the book into print. And for the gift of that book. The Long Goodbye must have been a tough book to write. Geoff was a positive influence. The format of the book itself recalls Geoff's sense of humor. The book is a way to catch up with Geoff's thinking after couple of decades. Geoff's voice is there in the quotes. You can read about his refined approach to doing magic in the pages. At the back of the book against the cover there's a video disc - the pink purse tape - courtesy of Micheal Rubinstein.
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Return to “iGenii”