My kid's a natural!

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
Eric Rose

My kid's a natural!

Postby Eric Rose » October 12th, 2005, 6:05 pm

Just had a very strange experience. My youngest child (6 years old) was doing tabled riffle shuffles - playing around more than anything. I was sitting there watching him. As he shuffled the halves together he inadvertently did a perfect one card cover zarrow shuffle! I was shocked. He had no idea that he did it. If his hands were bigger they would have covered the edges perfectly.

Still don't know what to think of that....

Ian Kendall

Re: My kid's a natural!

Postby Ian Kendall » October 13th, 2005, 2:49 am

About a year ago, when she had just turned five, my daughter asked me 'Is this how grownups carry their money?'

She had a coin in perfect classic palm...

Take care, Ian

Postby Guest » October 13th, 2005, 6:02 am

That's a lovely anecdote, Ian. Really makes me smile when I read it.

Dave

John Pezzullo

Postby John Pezzullo » October 13th, 2005, 6:11 am

You may want to consider getting a DNA test done to confirm whether or not Herb Zarrow is actually the kid's father.

If he starts doing anti-faros before the end of the year, you may want to consider referring the situation to CSICOP (Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal).

CSICOP is the organisation responsible for proving that Gaetan Bloom and Lennart Green are aliens from another galaxy. They're still working on the "Maven" file.

Postby Guest » October 20th, 2005, 9:10 pm

After lurking for a while this post made me register and reply, my then 3 year old daughter was sitting in the bath playing with a flesh coloured doll. How impressed was I when she "hid" the head in her hand and proceeded to show me how she could make the wash cloth dissappear by stuffing it into her hand. :)

I wonder how old she needs to be to learn about a TT, hmm perhaps one of my FT's might do the job.

As for your kid being a natural with cards I think my now 3 year old boy might be too. He saw me do a torn card trick and has since been practicing on any cards he can find, he has only got the tearing bit down so far but I am sure he is getting there. :confused: Just don't leave any good cards lying around like I did, :genii:

Regards
Brendan

Dan Magyari

Postby Dan Magyari » October 21st, 2005, 10:44 am

"...any trick suggestions."

104 Pickup.

Postby Guest » October 31st, 2005, 2:34 pm

104 Pickup.
mmmmmmm any tricks that will put them back together ;)

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » November 1st, 2005, 3:26 am

My kid can make money vanish.

He'll be 23 in December.

Matt Field

Return to “Close-Up Magic”