Mr. C's Magic Lounge Berwyn, Ill.

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.
Brian Richards

Mr. C's Magic Lounge Berwyn, Ill.

Postby Brian Richards » January 1st, 2011, 1:33 pm

Happy New Year...I am in the process of a brand new project for 2011. I was a green, wet behind the ears, naive, magician in 1979 and worked at Mr. C's Magic Lounge in Berwyn Illinois for a couple of summers as I was going to college. At that time it was under the "new management" of George P. Gubbins. A lot of my influences came from this magical and fun place but it's history is an enigma.

So I have decided to give a shot at researching this little venue and see if I can get enough information and research done to write a book on this little part of magic history. So if any of you worked there, have pictures, or stories to tell would you please consider sharing them with me? My name is Brian Richards and the name for this project is Mr. C's Magical Lounge:a magical moment in time! Some of the magicians I worked with were: Terry Veckey, Bill Witt, Tom Spera, Lee Ramsey, Gregg Peters among others! Any information people would
like to share would be greatly appreciated.

If you wish you can personally email me at: magic@4aceproductions.com

Thanks and here's to a healthy and productive 2011!

Brian Richards

mai-ling

Re: Mr. C's Magic Lounge Berwyn, Ill.

Postby mai-ling » January 2nd, 2011, 8:38 pm

Probably one of your best bets on this
would be either Bill Pack or Gordon Meyer.

Bill has vast knowledge about the infinite
past of Chicago History.

Gordon runs the Chicago map of magic spots.
you will remember my name
http://www.mai-ling.net
world's youngest illusionista

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”