Mystique Illusion ALERT

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
Ryan C. Reed

Mystique Illusion ALERT

Postby Ryan C. Reed » September 15th, 2010, 6:01 pm

To all: I designed a table (its ONLY a table) but its my design, that's been hijacked by Jack Murray, under the arrangement that the design would be licensed to Jack Murray for one year.

The design of the Physical LOOK and function table was designed by me. I asked Jack to remove it from his website, so he just renamed it to "Dream Table" and kept it on the website. I could care less if Jack designs his OWN TABLE and sells the hell out of a black art table - But the fact that he has outright STOLEN the design and selling it under a different name is unethical and unprofessional.I for one hope that everyone sees this and stops purchasing it immediately. This is no longer a licensed effect and is being sold illegally. If you have purchased this effect in the last six month please contact me immediately as I have never been paid for the license of this effect. If you were told otherwise you have been lied to.
Ryan C. Reed
owner / founder

Illusion Entertainment

Gregory Edmonds

Re: Mystique Illusion ALERT

Postby Gregory Edmonds » September 15th, 2010, 7:00 pm

Was your initial arrangement (contract - agreement) written by a qualified attorney? If so, you may well have grounds to pursue civil AND criminal action if the gentleman in question can be shown to be purposely perpetrating fraud.

If you did NOT have a qualified attorney draw up the agreement, chances are there are one or more "loopholes" you didn't foresee. If the two of you signed no documents in the regard at all, you are very likely (in the common vernacular) "screwed."

Some states regard a verbal contract as having the same degree of "legality" as a written one, IF you can establish such a contract indeed existed. Again, if not, however, this appears to be a lesson learned the hard way. Such situations are never easy to accept, of course, but when dealing with any other human being where potential income is concerned, always assume the worst.
Celebrate the Art of Magic

Ryan C. Reed

Re: Mystique Illusion ALERT

Postby Ryan C. Reed » September 21st, 2010, 8:17 pm

So , as an update - The builder pulled my photos & concept off of the website after quite a bit of verbal and written abuse by the builder- he kept the section and put something similar (but different) there in its place - god help whoever purchases it . . . Thanks for the Tip Greg, have a good one.

~R
Ryan C. Reed

owner / founder

Illusion Entertainment

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”