Magic in Chicago?

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.

Magic in Chicago?

Postby Guest » March 25th, 2007, 10:39 pm

I will be in Chicago April 7th to the 15th for the AERA Conference. Besides Magic Inc., is there anything else magic-related that I can check out (e.g., magic club meetings, other magic shops, restaurant performers, places where magicians hang out, etc.)? If anyone is interested in getting together one evening for dinner or coffee, please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Michael Tallon
tallon@satx.rr.com

Re: Magic in Chicago?

Postby Guest » March 26th, 2007, 3:45 am

Hi,
also if i'm from Italy,
i will write two lines about Chicago!!
I had the pleasure to be in Chicago last year to my aunt for work.
I was there nearly two months.
I went in the Halloween period.
I went first to see the wonderful and great Mr. David Parr Halloween Magic show, where i was stunned other than by his magic, by his acting abilities.
And then i had the greatest pleasure of my life:
which is to spend an evening in the Chicago Magic gathering in a great pub to eat a burger with Mr. Burger(it's not a joke!) and with Mr. Parr and with other great magic minds of Chicago Magic.
It was the best informal and pleasant magic meeting i had in my life, and i'll never forget it.
I would never have imagined Chicago had so a fervent magic heart.
So maybe you could write an email to Mr. Parr and see if they invite you to one of their meetings, or maybe if not, they could suggest you some bars with magic or magic show to watch.
They(Chicago Magicians) are very friendly with other city citizens and surely made me feel home(and i'm Italian!!)
Hoping to have helped you a bit.
Don't miss Chicago magic opportunities!!
Bye
Mattia

Postby Guest » March 26th, 2007, 6:22 am

Here's a great resource (listings of clubs,shows, restaurants, shops, lectures, etc.)for all going on in this area:

http://magicalchicago.com/

Plus you're not going to want to miss a visit to Midwest Magic Shop in Franklin Park Illinois. Just literally 5 minutes from O'Hare airport and 1/2 hour or so from most parts of the city. www.midwestmagic.net

Postby Guest » March 26th, 2007, 10:44 am

Midwest Magic is a MUST!

Postby Guest » April 16th, 2007, 6:45 pm

Thanks for all the information. Chicago was a lot of fun!
mt

Return to “Magician's Local Hangouts”