Co-op Advertising Plan

Post topics about the business side of magic.
Tabman

Co-op Advertising Plan

Postby Tabman » August 11th, 2005, 8:22 am

Developing slowly over the past few months I have been working on a cooperative marketing idea with a couple of other small makers of props and supplies for magicians. The plan is pool our small ad budgets into one larger budget to buy quarter and half pages in Genii and LR directing responders to a website that will offer our stuff direct from us. The web site is under development and is at the point where we are beginning to add content to the shell.

Magic makers traditionally have been plagued with small profits and small ad budgets, so keep in mind that a $200 ad split 10 ways is only $20 per. Over the past 30 years or so, like many others, I have developed my own magic business using so called gorilla marketing techniques. Now I am ready to go legit, so to speak.

Very soon we plan to go live and are hoping there are five or six more smaller makers and suppliers who might benefit from this type of arrangement. If there are any others who might be interested in working with us on this you could left me know.

tabman@questx.com

Re: Co-op Advertising Plan

Postby Guest » August 12th, 2005, 11:59 am

Tabman,

Plenty of larger organizations did this and still do.

Great Idea! Count me in!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

Postby Guest » August 12th, 2005, 12:22 pm

I'd like more details about this...it sounds good!

Postby Guest » August 28th, 2005, 6:45 pm

Magic Apple,

The Tabman is spending a lot of time between locations in Georgia and Tennessee. I know he is very busy. But I also know that he is up against a September deadline.

If you are really interested, you might try direct eMailing him. When it's too late, it's too late.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

Tabman

Postby Tabman » September 30th, 2005, 9:55 am

I've done some more work on the site. We will be going "live" with the release of the November LR

MagicDMV

We would be interested in offering banner space to others for $10 per banner per month. The banners are 126 x 60 pix. We're loading it up with our own of course right now with no limit. All the cash will go toward advertising in the mags. The more banners the more readers we reach each month.

Anyway, Im just back in Tennessee and working on this, doing a proper digitalization of the Annemann film and working to fill some orders.

Anybody wants to can email me at tabman@questx.com

Banners are subject to approval of course.

All the best,

-=tabman

Return to “Marketing & Magic Business”