Kevin James on America's got Talent

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

Kevin James on America's got Talent

Postby Guest » June 19th, 2007, 8:19 pm

Was watching the TV and saw a good set that Kevin James did on America's got talent. He made it through to Vegas have not seen many magicians this year on the show. :D

Glenn Farrington

Re: Kevin James on America's got Talent

Postby Glenn Farrington » June 19th, 2007, 9:44 pm

He did great. I'm not sure how well the camera crew was aware on how to shoot it, but they did a good job. Kudos on Kevin for knowing what to do first, with his material he has the ability to get stronger each time he's seen.

Break a leg Kevin!
Comedy's Easy...Dying Sucks.

Postby Guest » June 20th, 2007, 8:14 am

Yes he did a great job. BUT...in the past, the "judges" have expected an act to return with something completely different. I hope Kevin keeps that in mind.

Good Luck Kevin.

adrian

Postby Guest » June 20th, 2007, 9:16 am

I would not worry about Kevin being able to come up with something different, no matter how many rounds he may see. Kevin has a LOT of strong, audience tested material. Let's just hope the judges give him time to show the pay-off at the end of whatever routine he is doing.

Postby Guest » June 21st, 2007, 6:26 am

Does Kevin James compete in the actual AGT series?
Are there any details on the Americas got Talent Website? or is there a video of his performance?
Martin

Postby Guest » June 21st, 2007, 6:36 am

when was he on?
the chicago auditions?
the first, second, third..

when specifically?

thanks. - will see about clips after I find the shows.

Danny Archer

Postby Danny Archer » June 21st, 2007, 8:05 am

I had never watched the show before but my kids were watching and I joined them... Kevin's spot was terrific and I wish him well in future rounds...

I will be tuning in to see how he does...

he was in the Chicago round (that's all I know)...
Producer of MINDvention
mentalism convention

Andrew Martin Portala

Postby Andrew Martin Portala » June 21st, 2007, 11:44 am

I think Kevin is going to do great and this will help his show out in Vegas too.

Postby Guest » June 21st, 2007, 1:56 pm

If you missed KJ's performance on this week's AGT, NBC is repeating the show this Saturday (6/23). I believe Kevin's audition is about 3/4 of the way through the show.

Given the judges itchy trigger fingers, I thought it was a risky routine to start with as it has a very relaxed energy level and a "fumble." But, it paid off.

Now, he'll have to go head to head against Boy Shakira.

Postby Guest » June 21st, 2007, 2:39 pm

Thanks, looking forward seeing his work.

Charles McCall

Postby Charles McCall » June 21st, 2007, 8:01 pm

It was a wonderful opener! I can't wait to see the judges' reactions to his "surgery!"
Charles McCall

Postby Guest » June 26th, 2007, 10:24 pm

You can find Kevin's AGT performance on You Tube. They show the entire routine.

Would you believe that in another blog Kevin was being criticized for being on the show. It's amazing how jealous magicians can be of each other. We should all be supporting his performances! It's great exposure for magic which has not been getting much TV time of late.

Postby Guest » June 27th, 2007, 3:05 am

Postby Guest » July 5th, 2007, 10:54 pm

Wonderful! A great success!

Postby Guest » July 9th, 2007, 10:04 am

Good for Kevin!

If there's a better opener for family shows than Kevin's Bowl-O-Rama I've yet to find it...

I've gotten my money's worth many times over thanks to Kevin's talent and creativity with this trick and his floating rose.

Danny Archer

Postby Danny Archer » July 11th, 2007, 9:08 pm

Congrats to Kevin for advancing to the Top 20!

I can't wait to see what he does next...
Producer of MINDvention

mentalism convention

Postby Guest » July 12th, 2007, 12:43 am

I've only seen snippets of Kevin's act, but those two performances were out of this world. The last one just blew my mind. I can not, in any way shape or form, figure it out. (Therefore it must be magic.)
Congrats to Kevin.

Rafael

Postby Rafael » July 12th, 2007, 4:43 am

Here you can see Kevin's second appearance on "America's got talent":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chvsqMgPKhk
Another great performance by Kevin James!(& co. )
Good luck in the next round !!!

Randwill

Postby Randwill » July 12th, 2007, 1:51 pm

It's too bad that, on this show, the focus is on the judges more so than the performers. This particularly hurts Kevin James' performance. With all those cutaways to the judges the magic is lessened.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » July 12th, 2007, 5:17 pm

The only reason Im watching this show is because of Kevin, and Im very pleased that he is doing so well. Frankly, given the level of competition, he should win. (Remember, hes worked a room in Las Vegas and hes worked the Crazy Horse in Paris, etc.: Kevin has been through the wars and it shows.)

But lets face it; the show became a farce last night. The legitimacy of the judges decisions is a joke given that they passed through Boy Shakira and the other dancer (Kashif) who doesnt do a damn thing worth watching for ten seconds let alone as a headliner. Isnt it Piers Morgan who is constantly reminding contestants that they have to be able to be a headline act? What a crock.

Putting these two guys through was clearly a production decision made to give the show controversy in order to create buzzthink Sanjiah from American Idoland, of course, its working. But it has nothing to do with promoting real talent and thats too bad. Do these judges really believe that Boy Shakira has more talent than some of the singers they eliminated? (Apparently this guy has been a female impersonator for ten years; as if that matters.)

As for Kashif (my son calls him Abu Ghraib because its torture to watch him), Sharon Osbournes remark that she wanted to learn more about his culture was completely absurd. The guy is wearing jeans and a button-down shirt: Wheres the culture in that? And they had a beef with how the blues singer dresses?

I heard someone say that these two performers are laughing stocks. To me, it is the judges and the producers who are the laughing stocks. They have no credibility whatsoever. They crushed the hopes of some legitimately talented people for what, Internet buzz? To look even more absurd than American Idol when the Internet voting keeps Boy Shakira in the running? Its sad and, worse, I think it takes a lot away from the real talent on the show.

Dustin

Return to “Buzz”