NEW Paul Curry Book???

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Joe Mckay
Favorite Magician: Lubor Fiedler

NEW Paul Curry Book???

Postby Joe Mckay » September 10th, 2001, 12:36 pm

Hi everyone...

In a different thread, Matthew Field mentioned, that a NEW Paul Curry book was to be released...Obviously this is exciting news for "Subtleties rather than Sleights" guys (such as myself), who have started to go "cold turkey", after reading the last great (clever card ideas) book "The James File"...So, does anyone know when this book will be released, and if it is a Re-Print?...Also, if it is not a Re-Print, does anyone know whether any Paul Curry Books will be Re-Printed (or where they are still sold?)...
Thanks!

adis fellow magish amigos...
Joseph

sleightly

Re: NEW Paul Curry Book???

Postby sleightly » September 10th, 2001, 2:09 pm

My understanding is that the Curry book is in production and will be published by Stephen Minch & Hermetic Press in the near future (possibly as soon as late fall early winter).

andrew

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 10th, 2001, 10:03 pm

The new book on Paul Curry is immense--about 400 pages, I think (Jamy Swiss is reading it now for review in our November issue). The book will be released in November of this year by Hermetic Press.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Bill Duncan

Postby Bill Duncan » September 11th, 2001, 1:05 am

A reliable source reports:
"Paul Curry's Worlds Beyond", has seventy-seven sleights, tricks and routines...

MSRP: $40.00 for 400 pages.

All items have been previously released, but many are difficult pieces to get your hands on.

I seem to recall that recently Curry's "Out Of This World" was voted the best card trick of all time... or some such. I'm kinda looking forward to this one.

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » September 11th, 2001, 9:35 am

The big Paul Curry book which Stephen Minch's Hermetic Press will publish shortly contains material from all the Paul Curry books, most of the effects which he privately released, his material from magazines, plus a forward by Oscar Weigel and biographical notes.

For admirers of Paul Curry (myself included), this is a bonanza. (I've looked in vain for "Something Borrowed, Something New," Curry's first book, for years.)

Matt Field

Return to “Buzz”