L&L publishing

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Tim Trono

Re: L&L publishing

Postby Tim Trono » October 6th, 2002, 12:03 am

PS ... Scott, I can pretty much assure you that generally shops are NOT getting $35 DVDs for $10 not even the distributor is getting them for that. Also, when you mentioned some shops selling an item we consider a $30 video at $43 Id guess what you saw is a tourist shop. There ARE shops that increase the prices significantly above what we know is the suggested retail price because of the market they are in in essence tourists. Ive seen Invisible Decks go for $25 +. Again, I dont see whats WRONG with this. Dont you think if you are in a tourist section youll pay more for anything from drinks to food to clothes to whatever. Again its business. Its trying to make a margin that makes sense and keeps you in business. If someone was trying to sell the video you mentioned at $43 in our magic market they wouldnt sell many and would go out of business quickly.

Tim

CHRIS

Postby CHRIS » October 6th, 2002, 12:06 am

Originally posted by Tim Trono:
My apologies, Chris. You are correct...
Tim, apologies accepted. No harm done. I enjoyed the discussion and know that both Murphy's and Lybrary.com are working hard to bring out the best products possible.

Chris Wasshuber
preserving magic one book at a time.

Scott

Postby Scott » October 6th, 2002, 5:06 am

Tim, it wasn't a tourist market. It was a off the beaten path magic shop, and they've been in business for about 15 years now.

Tim Trono

Postby Tim Trono » October 8th, 2002, 12:27 am

Hi Scott. Wow. I wonder how they stay in business being that much higher in price and "in" the general magic market (i.e. not tourist driven)?!?

Tim

Return to “Buzz”