Magic Survey

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Jerry Harrell

Magic Survey

Postby Jerry Harrell » May 31st, 2002, 7:46 am

The internet website "I WON" which is hosted by CBS, had a survey about magic shows on May 29th. I WON has won several awards as top portal in the nation, and serves more than a quarter of a million users. They asked their readers if they were fans of magic shows done by "master magicians" like David Baline and David Copperfield (my italics). 44% said yes, 42% said no. When asked if they had watched the Blaine special, 12% said yes, and 87% said no. (I know the program placed third in the ratings, so this may be pretty accurate. Two other interesting questions in the survey: If Blaine and Copperfield were both given a month to come up with the best magic trick/illusion/stunt, who do you think would win? Copperfield won this one 29% to 15%, but the big winner was "I don't care" at 36%. And finally, when asked how interested they are in finding out the secrets behind magic tricks, 10% responded they were "very interested," 35% said "somewhat interested," and 31% said "not at all interested." The entire survey can be found at www.iwon.com.

Re: Magic Survey

Postby Guest » May 31st, 2002, 3:29 pm

I still cannot find the poll even after linking to the website. Could you link me to the exact page?
Thanks-
DS

Scott

Re: Magic Survey

Postby Scott » May 31st, 2002, 5:14 pm

Return to “Buzz”