Martinka problem

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Jeff Eline

Martinka problem

Postby Jeff Eline » January 10th, 2006, 8:42 pm

Has anyone ever had problems trying to pay for an auction item won? I've sent several emails and left phone messages but no response.

Re: Martinka problem

Postby Guest » January 10th, 2006, 8:48 pm

I had exactly the same problem......for over a month. According to Ted, they accidentally sent my item to the wrong person, even though I had NOT paid for it yet. He told me I would not be billed for it, BUT I was. It was very difficult to get my refund but after numerous emails and phone calls I was refunded my money....but didn't get the item that I won. He said they were trying to get the item back, but I never heard back from him.

Postby Guest » January 11th, 2006, 6:56 am

I have never had a problem with Ted. Did you try his phone as sometimes he seems to get buried in e-mails. All the transactions I have had with him were positive, sometimes a little slow but always handled professionally. He in my opinion is a very trustworthy person to deal with.
Rennie
P.S. - Sorry after re-reading your post I see you did phone him. I am sure there is not a problem though. I really think sometimes Ted tries to do a little too much on his own,

magicam

Postby magicam » January 11th, 2006, 7:27 am

I'm surprised to hear about these problems. My dealings with Martinka have all been positive. Clay

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 11th, 2006, 8:19 am

No problems here--several successful transactions went smoothly.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Eric Rose

Postby Eric Rose » January 11th, 2006, 8:32 am

I've never had any problems with any auctions. Always very smooth and professional.

martinka

Postby martinka » January 11th, 2006, 11:47 am

Gary, again, I am sorry that your item was sent to the wrong party. While very rare, with 100s of shipments, occaisionally there is a problem.

While we were waiting for the item to be returned to us, we heard from you that you wanted a refund instead, which we provided to you.

The other party subsequently returned the piece to us and it is back in our inventory and available for sale, if you would again like to purchase it, please contact us as soon as possible at:

201-444-7576 or 212-279-6079. M-F 11 - 6 ET.

Best Regards,

Ted
Ted Bogusta
Martinka & Co.
wwww.martinka.com
201-444-7576

martinka

Postby martinka » January 11th, 2006, 11:57 am

Jeff,

Sorry to hear of your frustration. We did receive your call and have sent you several emails regarding your order, perhaps they are not getting through.

To pay, please visit the martinka.com auction page and on the left side, click on "view invoice". That will show the amount due and allow you to enter a credit card, paypal or print and mail for a check.

If there is a specific question regarding your order, please call us at 201-444-7576 or 212-279-6079. Our hours are 11 - 6 ET, Mon - Fri.

Best Regards,

Ted
Ted Bogusta
Martinka & Co.
wwww.martinka.com
201-444-7576

David Scollnik

Postby David Scollnik » January 11th, 2006, 2:07 pm

Originally posted by Jeff Eline:
Has anyone ever had problems trying to pay for an auction item won? I've sent several emails and left phone messages but no response.
I have to add that twice when I've purchased from Martinka, my emails and faxes went unreturned. The only way I was ever able to sort out payment (to the best of my recollection) was by phoning them and sorting out the details over the phone.

Everything was always packaged nicely and shipped quickly, though.

Postby Guest » January 11th, 2006, 2:26 pm

I called Ted today when I got home and was able to get the Francis Carlyle autographed photo that went astray. Thank you Ted for fixing things up!

Jeff Eline

Postby Jeff Eline » January 11th, 2006, 3:44 pm

Thanks Ted for responding. I'm sorry for taking it public. I just didn't know what to do after emailing and phoning several times. I will call tomorrow.

Return to “Buzz”