Scotty York

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

Scotty York

Postby Guest » October 17th, 2001, 8:41 am

Just wondering...I haven't heard anything from Scotty York for a while. His website is down, and I just don't hear of him being out in the conventions anymore. Scotty was always one of my favorites.
Anybody know if he's ok?
Rick

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Scotty York

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 17th, 2001, 2:56 pm

Scotty York had some personal problems and has been out of magic for several years.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Bill McFadden

Postby Bill McFadden » October 17th, 2001, 8:31 pm

While I am not privy to the personal problems indicated by RK (nor would I comment on them if I were), I can say that Scotty York was the main reason I attended the SEAM Convention in Greensboro, NC in August, 2000. Scotty assisted John Cornelius with sales after John lectured; he performed in a close-up show that night; he lectured the following afternoon, and performed in that evening's stage show. He was accessible, gracious, witty, and generous. I hope he's enjoying life somewhere within a 70 mile radius of where I am posting this. He remains one of my leading influences in close-up. As a personal aside, I thought of tracking him down to see if he'd take on a new student, but demurred -- not wanting to be like an aspiring novelist stalking J.D. Salinger. I, like so many others, await his active return to the magic fraternity.

Postby Guest » October 17th, 2001, 9:28 pm

Well, Richard told me all I needed to know. More than that is gossip, and that wasn't what I was looking for. If anyone reading this knows Scotty, wish him well from one of his fans.
I was also very influenced by his storytelling style.
Rick

Return to “Buzz”