Out of Control and Totally Out of Control

Discuss your favorite books, authors, and tricks from Kaufman and Company.

Out of Control and Totally Out of Control

Postby Guest » August 15th, 2003, 1:46 am

This is such a great book
Is there any chance of this ever going to be reprinted?
I heard Chris Kenner wanted his book to be back in print.

Re: Out of Control and Totally Out of Control

Postby Guest » August 17th, 2003, 12:21 am

James,
I never heard of it. What kind of magic? Who published it and what year?

Postby Guest » August 17th, 2003, 8:08 am

It's a Kaufman and Greenberg book, circa 1992, I think. It's a great book, with lots of different types of stuff and a clever design. If you can find a copy, I'd highly recommend it.
--matt

mike cookman

Postby mike cookman » August 17th, 2003, 9:56 am

I like that book, too. It includes his handling of Three Fly, plus lots of other good stuff, like a great Underground Transposition type of card routine called Twister.

mike cookman

Postby mike cookman » August 17th, 2003, 10:08 am

I like that book, too. It includes his handling of Three Fly, plus lots of other good stuff, like a great Underground Transposition type of card routine called Twister.

Greg Bornstein

Postby Greg Bornstein » August 17th, 2003, 10:32 am

If you look around at certain magic shops, they may have one or two left. I know I've seen'em. The book really contains some great stuff, and was a joy reading (and still IS!)

Postby Guest » October 15th, 2003, 9:49 pm

I got this from a friend in Canada a little while ago by pure chance. It really is hard to find. I agree it is really entertaining and a great book. I think someone told me that it would be reprinted within the next couple years. Don't quote me on that though. It's just some rumor I heard.

Andrew

Oliver Corpuz

Postby Oliver Corpuz » October 16th, 2003, 9:19 am

Chris put some puzzles in the book and mentioned something about a prize for the first person to answer them all correctly. Does anyone know if there ever was a winner? Were the answers ever published anywhere?

- Oliver

Frank Yuen

Postby Frank Yuen » October 16th, 2003, 10:39 am

That might just be a rumor that you heard as the answers were published in the book.

Frank Yuen

Oliver Corpuz

Postby Oliver Corpuz » October 16th, 2003, 11:03 am

I don't think it was a rumor, I sort of remember reading something about a contest/prize for correctly answering the puzzels in the book somewhere, although I think Chris wrote he wasn't sure of the response he'd get and whether he'd actually award a prize or not. It's been a while since I looked at the book.

I'll have to take a closer look at the book when I get home. The puzzle answers may have been included and I missed them. I have a hard time reading a magic book from cover to cover because when effects reference other books, I look up those references too, often going from one book to another.

- Oliver

Bill Wheeler

Postby Bill Wheeler » October 16th, 2003, 12:56 pm

I agree with Frank. The answers were published in the book, somewhere near the front/intro.

Bill
Driver: Callaway FT-5
Irons: Titlest AP-1
Wedges: Vokey 52,58,64
Putter: i-series Black #9

Oliver Corpuz

Postby Oliver Corpuz » October 16th, 2003, 7:36 pm

Ok. I really feel dumb. It was harder for me to locate the book in my mess of a magic library than it was for me to find the "name that toon" answers. Clever.

When I first got the book, I kind of glossed over all the toons and other activities and went straight to the "Three-fly" write up. The Ramsay subtlety reference distracted me and made me pull out the Ramsay books. Before that night was finished, the Bobo, Roth, and Bertram books were also located and read through and I never did get back to completing the rest of Kenner's book.

I "acknowledge" Frank and Bill being correct, the answers are near the front of the book. (Or the back of the book if you're reading the other half).

- Oliver

Return to “Kaufman & Company”