drinking glass production

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
Don

drinking glass production

Postby Don » January 4th, 2005, 11:26 pm

i do close up magic but am looking for a really clean production of a glass full of liquid that i can pull right out of my sleeve when i take my coat off. i dont do anything but cards so i could use some assistants in this.

Thank you in advance

Vraagaard

Re: drinking glass production

Postby Vraagaard » January 5th, 2005, 4:13 am

Hi, among a lot of glass and bottle productions out there Barrie Richardson has a method of producing a full water glass, a bottle and even a fish bowl while taking his jacket of. You can find it in his book "Theatre of the mind".

Most of the other methods uses silks and gimmicks, but Barries only rquire a jacket and the water glass or bottle.

As mentioned it uses no gimmicks/props and is easy to perform. It takes you 10-20 times to do it flawless, but then of course it takes time to figure out a personal, amusing and astonishing presentation. Barrie has some suggestions for this as well.

It's a really wonderfull book mainly concentrated on mentalism and it also has some clever takes on a lot of great card tricks (I can read that you are a card man). It's a very daring and bold book.

Carl Mercurio

Postby Carl Mercurio » January 5th, 2005, 1:05 pm

I think this is Pat Page's. Get a tall pilsner glass, fill it three-quarters with beer and put it in your back pocket. No need to cover. The liquid doesn't spill. As you go to take off the right side of your jacket (pulling it with the right hand by the lapel) just reach back with the left hand and grab the glass. As you remove your left arm, the glass comes right out the sleeve.

I've used a Paul Harris variation on this for years. Vanish a coin in a hanky. Reach into your right pant pocket to show the coin has jumped there. At the same time you're reaching for the coin grab the glass under cover of hanky....Or a nice kicker I sometimes use for Slydini silks is to make like the trick is over, shake hands with the volunteer, and while shaking hands, reach back and grab the glass under the parachut silks.

David Garrity

Postby David Garrity » January 5th, 2005, 1:26 pm

Rage,

If I remember correctly, Richard Osterlind has a glass of liquid production. The glass is produced from a paper bag that has been thoroughly examined by the audience. It is on his "Challenge Magic" video if you can track one down.

Sincerely...
David
David Garrity
www.MagicalArtist.com

Postby Guest » January 5th, 2005, 1:42 pm

Originally posted by David Garrity:
Rage,

If I remember correctly, Richard Osterlind has a glass of liquid production. The glass is produced from a paper bag that has been thoroughly examined by the audience. It is on his "Challenge Magic" video if you can track one down.

Sincerely...
David
It is also on his "Mind Mysteries" Vol. 4 from L&L.

Bill Palmer

Postby Bill Palmer » January 7th, 2005, 1:53 am

Punx used to produce a shot glass full of liquid during his Cap'n Squinty routine. I inherited a set of his props for this. He used a condom as a cover for the shot glass.
Bill Palmer, MIMC

Vraagaard

Postby Vraagaard » January 7th, 2005, 4:11 am

Originally posted by Bill Palmer:
Punx used to produce a shot glass full of liquid during his Cap'n Squinty routine. I inherited a set of his props for this. He used a condom as a cover for the shot glass.
Lubricated and without cream and reservoir. However a cut a baloon over and use the top, but make sure neither the glass nor the balloon is wet when you attach it. However in you back pocket, you don't need any cover at all provided its your opening act or you don't have to move much during your routines prior to the production. Moreover you can axtually have a whole bottle of champagne in your back pocket but an open glass with a colored liquid tends to give a better reaction.

Jacky Kahan

Postby Jacky Kahan » January 7th, 2005, 4:26 am

Check out :

Eugene Burger, Chicago Visions
Edited by Todd Karr
Page ? Glass of Liquid Production

Gibson, Walter: Magic Explained
Page 118 Fish Globe Production--Bowl full of fish produced.
Page 120 Aquarium Production--Tank full of fish appears on table.
Page 122 Duck or Rabbit Production Box--Box opened and shown empty, duck or rabbit produced.

Bobo, J. B. Watch This One! A collection of choice magical effects with small objects
edited by J.G. Thompson, Jr., Illustrated by J.B.Bobo
Page 83 Glass of Liquid Production: small glass of liquid is produced from a handkerchief

Hope this helps,

Jacky
www.magicbooks.be

Ray Banks

Postby Ray Banks » January 7th, 2005, 5:58 am

Don't forget the wine glass production from Bruce Elliott's "Classic Secrets of Magic"

With the use of a new plastic sealing product from Glad it's even easier.
Pick a card....Any card....NO not THAT card..THIS one!

Ray Banks

Postby Guest » January 7th, 2005, 8:15 am

At the start of his Reparation video, John Lovick does a very nice production of a full wine glass.

But it does involve a silk, which may not suit your requirements.

Dave

Brad A._dup1

Postby Brad A._dup1 » January 14th, 2005, 9:16 pm

My pal Tomo Maeda has a nice production of a large glass coke bottle from a folded paper bag. I'm sure this could be adapted for a large glass or such.

He brings out a small bag that is folded flat and very cleanly opens it, reaches in, and takes out a huge bottle of coke.

Method was published in the Tomo Maeda issue of Genii, July 2003 (Vol. 66, No. 7).

Brad Aldridge
Former Vonnegut Character

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”