Tarbell Egg Bag

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.

Tarbell Egg Bag

Postby Guest » March 9th, 2004, 11:44 am

I'm currious to get some idea of who produces the best Tarbell style egg bag?

Pete Biro

Re: Tarbell Egg Bag

Postby Pete Biro » March 9th, 2004, 1:05 pm

Right now I would think Martin Lewis' "mum." BTW, it is also known as the Sterling Egg Bag.
Senor Mardo had one of the best routines in his book "Routined Magic."
Stay tooned.

Steve Bryant
Favorite Magician: Ballantine

Postby Steve Bryant » March 9th, 2004, 1:48 pm

Try to catch Martin's lecture. He does one of the funniest things I've seen in magic, with an egg bag and a [censored].

David Ben

Postby David Ben » March 9th, 2004, 3:28 pm

Not to question Pete Biro but I believe that a Tarbell bag is slightly different than a Sterling. The secret opening in the bag is located on the outside of the bag for the Sterling model, and on the inside for the Tarbell. It makes a difference, particularly if you are going to do the Mardo roll-tube production, because of the way the seams are turned when the bag is inside or outside. (I can't believe I wrote this. I've spent far too much time handling egg bags.)

Postby Guest » March 9th, 2004, 9:07 pm

The secret opening in the bag is located on the outside of the bag for the Sterling model, and on the inside for the Tarbell.
This is interesting! I thought Martin Lewis used a Tarbell. Hmm, live and learn. I guess these bags aren't the same inside as outside the way the Malini EB is? I had a Tarbell some 20 years ago from Tannens and it was all red (not plaid or tartan). Ask one question and create a few more.

Ted Leon

Postby Ted Leon » March 9th, 2004, 9:26 pm

As indicated, they are different.
The best ones are made by http://www.fabricmanipulation.com/Merch ... re_Code=FM

Give her a call.
Ted (leondo)

Postby Guest » March 9th, 2004, 9:41 pm

I recently had the good fortune to see John Calverton perform the Tarbell Egg bag, and I'll tell you it was very entertaining. He is an outstanding entertainer. After seeing him perform I don't think matters which egg bag you use, as long as your routine is tight... the effect will be the same. Hats off to John, great work.

Ken Sr.

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”