BENDIX BOMBSHELL

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
oliver twist

BENDIX BOMBSHELL

Postby oliver twist » August 8th, 2004, 11:11 am

Has anyone ever used one of these. Or does it really look like a nerdy prop. I try not to use anything that looks like a prop. But I would really appreciate any input any of you have.
thanks alot

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Re: BENDIX BOMBSHELL

Postby Matthew Field » August 8th, 2004, 11:39 am

Originally posted by bill7:
does it really look like a nerdy prop.
It's a breast pocket style Himber wallet, not the type that fits in your hip pocket.

If that's nerdy, this isn't for you.

It's a wonderful piece of apparatus.

Matt Field

Gary Freed

Postby Gary Freed » August 8th, 2004, 12:32 pm

You might want to check out "Phantom of the Wallet" for a more compact wallet design similar to the Bendix. It is a "Z-Himber" style with a zipper compartment similar, but not identical to the Bendix Bombshell

Postby Guest » August 13th, 2004, 5:51 pm

Larry Becker has a very strong routine for the Bombshell in one of his literary offerings.

scott snider

Postby scott snider » August 16th, 2004, 8:51 pm

Larry Becker does have a very strong routine using the Roth made Bendix Bombshell. I found one at a flea market and persued the routine using this prop. While it is a quality piece of sewn leather, I have had several folks catch the fact that it is a z fold wallet due to its thickness. After recently seeing another fine leather crafter from England by the name of Jerry O'connell, I am now using his wallets which are almost undectable as a himber. They have to be seen to be appreciated. Check these out before you rush into the Bendix.

Return to “Close-Up Magic”