A Gentle Plea to Mr Kaufman

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Joe Mckay
Favorite Magician: Lubor Fiedler

A Gentle Plea to Mr Kaufman

Postby Joe Mckay » July 15th, 2005, 11:27 am

I know many people have made many suggestions for people who should be featured in Genii magazine. Nevertheless, I would like to add my two pence ...

Lubor Fiedler.

Incredible.

Of all the creators in the history of magic who could be considered an out and out genius, Lubor would be my man. His work is astonishing. In so many of his tricks he dosen't just dream up brilliant visual magic, he discovers important new principles with which to accomplish them. And discover is the word. For his ideas seem closer to the discoveries made in the field of Science. And with so much of his work, if Lubor hadn't discovered it, I don't think anyone would have. Ever. Even 500 years from now.
Some of my favourites would be: 'Phantom Clock', 'Blue Crystal', 'Anti Gravity Rock', 'Invisible Zone', 'Impossible Pen', 'Dental Dam Penetration', 'Gonzinta Boxes', 'Translucent Cups', 'Spooky Glasses', 'Fifty Fifty'...
But how much is there?...I heard he had a method for vanishing a house!...Why is there no comprehensive bibliography of his work availiable? Why no ten page Interviews? This is amazing. Or perhaps...Perhaps, there is no Lubor Fiedler. As with the conspiracies surrounding Shakespeare and The Stratford question. But, instead 6 or 7 people pooling ideas and publishing under the nomme de guerre of 'Lubor Fiedler'.

We need to know!
:confused:
Thanks, and keep up the excellent work, Mr Kaufman.

Joe Mckay

rich aviles

Re: A Gentle Plea to Mr Kaufman

Postby rich aviles » July 15th, 2005, 1:07 pm

I do recall a Fiedler (with anti-gravity rock) cover. Maybe even less than a year ago?

Check the back issues. It was before the design change. ;]
Cat Herder at TRCKY.com.

Joe Mckay

Postby Joe Mckay » July 15th, 2005, 4:17 pm

Yeah, I remember that issue from back in 1999. However, nice as that was (and not wishing to seem ungrateful!), it would be even nicer to read an interview with him. Myself and many others, would be fascinated to know more about him and his ideas and inspirations. It would be interesting too, to find out if he has plans for a Compilation of his published (and hopefully unpublished) ideas...Oh well, perhaps if I rub this lamp... :genii:

Joe

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » July 16th, 2005, 3:06 am

One of my all-time favorite creative minds in magic. Thyere are some nice things in a small booklet of his, "Lubor-iginals" and Tony Spina used to tell me that he often dropped into Tannen's, but I would love to know more about this interesting man.

Matt Field

Todd Karr

Postby Todd Karr » July 16th, 2005, 11:39 am

Dreams come true. Mark Setteducati has been hard at work on a book on Lubor Fiedler which The Miracle Factory will publish when it's completed.

Joe Mckay

Postby Joe Mckay » July 16th, 2005, 2:58 pm

WOW...That is brilliant! The man is a legend, and with 'The Miracle Factory' publishing I couldn't be happier...Thanks Todd!

The :genii: works!

Joe

Michael Edwards

Postby Michael Edwards » July 17th, 2005, 6:15 am

Originally posted by Joseph Mckay:
Yeah, I remember that issue from back in 1999...Joe
Volume 62, Number 2, February 1999

Return to “General”