favorite elastic loops tricks

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

favorite elastic loops tricks

Postby Guest » June 17th, 2003, 11:56 pm

There's another thread going on about elastic i.t. loops and a product for making them. I thought I'd start a separate thread relating to peoples favorite uses of this gimmick. Personally I love moving a piece of silverware after I've done a little spoon bending. Also, while the gimmick is not invisible, Mcbride's Kundalini rising is fantastic.

Jer.

Re: favorite elastic loops tricks

Postby Guest » June 19th, 2003, 7:09 am

Originally posted by jiggyjer:
There's another thread going on about elastic i.t. loops and a product for making them. I thought I'd start a separate thread relating to peoples favorite uses of this gimmick. Personally I love moving a piece of silverware after I've done a little spoon bending. Also, while the gimmick is not invisible, Mcbride's Kundalini rising is fantastic.

Jer.
Jer,

Well, Al Baker's Erectile Bill is a killer and does not scream: "THREAD!" like other IT routines I could name.

If handles with only a few cards and Kevelex thread, Magnetic Cards also is quite strong for lay people.

I believe Sankey had a routine where two borrowed rings move together on a wand held by the spectator using a similar gimmick, but I could be wrong about the source.

Just a few of my more favorite bits.

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com

Gary Freed

Postby Gary Freed » June 21st, 2003, 12:22 pm

I believe Sankey had a routine where two borrowed rings move together on a wand held by the spectator using a similar gimmick, but I could be wrong about the source.

Lee,
This routine sounds a lot like a Gary Kurtz routine!
Gary

Postby Guest » July 1st, 2003, 1:25 pm

I like doing a haunted pack with a signed card. The deck can be examined IMMEDIATLEY before and after or beter yet, borrowed, yet the deck cuts it self and one card pops out. Good presentation can transform this into a miracle.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » July 1st, 2003, 7:45 pm

What is the best source for loops? :confused:
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » July 1st, 2003, 8:49 pm

Hi Pete,

Check with Joe Stevens...he has been carrying the Finn Jon loops forever (it seems like).

Blessings,

Bob Phillips

Postby Guest » July 2nd, 2003, 12:27 am

Pete,

Strip the elastic thread from a pair of lycra pantiehose and tie your own loops. It takes a little practice, but it can be done. I tie the loop around an empty water bottle (its easier if you place a bead of wax a to either end of the elastic thread).

Bitgt 123, I'm curious about the hookup you use for the Haunted pack using elastic loops, perhaps you could elaborate.

Jer. :)

Postby Guest » July 2nd, 2003, 7:28 am

Originally posted by Gary Freed:

Lee,
This routine sounds a lot like a Gary Kurtz routine!
Gary
You seem to be right - memory failed me on that one. It's what I get for posting while on the road, without my library on hand. Thanks for the correction.

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com

mark

Postby mark » July 2nd, 2003, 11:10 am

Yes, I believe it might have been entitled, "Attraction," and was on his '91 "Let's Get Flurious."

Postby Guest » July 2nd, 2003, 12:19 pm

"Attraction" is also in "Unexplainable Acts" (Kaufman's book on Kurtz.)

Postby Guest » July 3rd, 2003, 9:50 pm

Originally posted by Pete Biro:
What is the best source for loops? :confused:
If you don't want to mess with trying to tie your own (it's a big pain), Yigal Mesika's "Loops". They come pre-tied, five to a pack, on a convinent holder.

Return to “Close-Up Magic”