CARDWORKS By Richard Kaufman

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
PickaCard

Re: CARDWORKS By Richard Kaufman

Postby PickaCard » October 25th, 2010, 11:18 am

I would take Ortiz's Strong Magic over the Fitzke Trilogy any day. However, I would be the first one in line for Max's book on the subject should he ever write one.

James Cotton

Postby James Cotton » October 25th, 2010, 11:33 am

Yes, me too. Especially after today's comments!

Joe Mckay
Favorite Magician: Lubor Fiedler

Postby Joe Mckay » October 25th, 2010, 1:20 pm

I didn't like STRONG MAGIC - but I loved DESIGNING MIRACLES. Even if you didn't enjoy STRONG MAGIC, I would still recommend you check out DESIGNING MIRACLES.

Joe

James Cotton

Postby James Cotton » October 25th, 2010, 1:53 pm

Haven't read it. How does it compare to the Protocols of the Elders of Magic?

Joe Mckay
Favorite Magician: Lubor Fiedler

Postby Joe Mckay » October 25th, 2010, 2:03 pm

I haven't read the Max Maven book. But - from what I know of Maven's book (which isn't alot) - I would say DESIGNING MIRACLES is a totally different type of book. It is an analysis of what factors and principles should be used in order to try and strengthen the impossibility factor of your magic tricks. Darwin has a clear-sighted logical mind which really helps analyze this area.

The book is one of the few which seems like it would be of real help to creators and inventors...

Joe

James Cotton

Postby James Cotton » October 25th, 2010, 2:08 pm

Yes it certainly sounds totally different from a Max Maven book. I'll see if I can pick up a copy.

PickaCard

Postby PickaCard » October 25th, 2010, 2:42 pm

Protocols of the Elders of Magic was a joke magic book that was sold to suckers like me who love to fantasize about the wonders contained in between the lines of magic advertisements.

This book was limited, signed by the author and sold out months before it was ever released. Even though the book was sold out no clue as to the content was ever revealed by either the publisher or the author. Even more interesting, is that magicians refused to discuss its contents online because they believe this book was intended to be kept a secret. Solely based on this, the initial prices on Ebay were incredible.

About a month after the release, probably after a good laugh, Max commented online (I think it was the Magic caf) that there was no intention to keep the contents a secret.

I refuse to part with my copy. I love it for what it is. However, I definitely felt like the but of a joke when I received it. Although one could make the case that what was delivered fell within the cryptic description given, I still wish it met 1% of what I dreamed it would be. I treasure the ad more than the book. It may just be the greatest magic ad ever published.

Roger Curtis

Postby Roger Curtis » June 19th, 2011, 10:26 am

I would love to buy a copy of Cardworks. Can you advise as to where I might be able to get one from?

Thanks. [Am based in the UK].

Chas Nigh

Postby Chas Nigh » March 26th, 2020, 12:15 am

This is kind of strange. The bill Tarr Note book is selling for more than a 100.00 on eBay. In fact, there are quite a few listings starting at 86.00. Who would have thunk.

Bill Duncan

Postby Bill Duncan » March 26th, 2020, 12:41 am

Ryan Matney wrote:You must be friends with him.
Most of the book is half-baked ideas that won't really work. The rest is weak tricks that do work.

Yeah... about that.

But no, not a friend. I live in the PNW so he lectured up here a couple of times, and I was part of a handful of people who went out for eats afterwards so I got to see the impromptu stuff up close before it was printed. It was pretty fooling stuff.

Having the book, and having seen Harkey do most of the material, I suspect you have read the book and not seen it done. The coin magic, and finger ring stuff is enough to make the book valuable, to someone willing to do the work.

Over The Edge might be the best coins across to glass I've ever seen. None of that hand over the mouth of the glass crap...

Dirty Pool, where you inflate a black ballon, then twist the end off and it turns into an 8 ball is simple and wonderfully odd.

Goldfinger, and East Meets West (the pen thru bill he created with Sankey) are among the best impromptu effects I've seen.

Brad Jeffers

Postby Brad Jeffers » March 26th, 2020, 1:47 am

Richard Kaufman wrote:I had copies of CardWorks up for sale here a month ago for a low price: none sold. It would be easier to sell my grandmother's old underwear.

Fast forward ten years ...

Richard Kaufman wrote:For all of you who don't know what to do because of the virus, I have made a pretty rare book of mine that was never reprinted available for free.
https://issuu.com/moobooks/docs/cardworks

I'm hesitant to ask - but do you have similar plans for disposing of your grandmother's old underwear?! :o

rrath1
Favorite Magician: Kaufman

Re: RE: Re: CARDWORKS By Richard Kaufman

Postby rrath1 » March 26th, 2020, 2:05 am

Roger Curtis wrote:I would love to buy a copy of Cardworks. Can you advise as to where I might be able to get one from?

Thanks. [Am based in the UK].
I have one

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Alex Kirk

Postby Alex Kirk » September 2nd, 2020, 3:54 pm

I'm looking for a copy of Cardworks.
If anyone has one to sell and ship to the U.K please PM me.

Alex

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”