Cute blonde does cig. manipulations on YouTube

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.
Bill Mullins

Re: Cute blonde does cig. manipulations on YouTube

Postby Bill Mullins » November 6th, 2019, 1:41 pm

Note: if the age in the last article is correct (18 years old, in 1935, and I can believe the woman in the film clip is that age), then I doubt that she really had lessons from Houdini. She would have had to have been nine or less.

Ian Kendall

Postby Ian Kendall » November 6th, 2019, 3:07 pm

I know this is a long shot, but what are the chances that Suzy and Marion are the same woman?

Second long shot; Suzy _was_ aware of Marion and the film, and claimed it was her to get the credit?

Marco Pusterla

Postby Marco Pusterla » November 6th, 2019, 3:54 pm

This matter was discussed in the feature article of Ye Olde Magic Mag, Vol. 4 n. 4 (September 2018) by Kobe, who was at the time completing his biography of Suzy Wandas. At the time, the name of Marion was not known yet, but from access to first-hand sources, Kobe could dismiss the thought that the young cigarette manipulator was an almost-40-year-old Suzy.
Marco Pusterla - http://www.mpmagic.com

Ye Olde Magic Mag: magic history and collecting magazine.

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » November 6th, 2019, 4:16 pm

Ian Kendall wrote:I know this is a long shot, but what are the chances that Suzy and Marion are the same woman?

Not very large. Marion Stephanie was touring through multiple cities in America in 1934 and 1935, and there is no evidence that Wandas was anywhere but in Europe during that period.

Brad Jeffers

Postby Brad Jeffers » November 7th, 2019, 1:50 am

Thanks Bill, for posting the information about Marion Stephanie.
It is now apparent that it is she, and not Suzy Wandas, who appears in the film.

Tom Gilbert

Postby Tom Gilbert » December 5th, 2019, 3:02 pm

In Nick Lewin's blog he ponders if the film is Suzy Wandas, he received an email from Raven Tekwe who was a friend of Suzy's in the 80's. Briefly she mentioned coming to the US very quickly and doing a film with a man that played the ukulele. He mentioned that it took a few tries to understand what she was saying when she said ukulele. https://remarkablemagic.com/2018/08/30/ ... zy-wandas/

Return to “Link Watch”