Jeopardy Magic

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Jeopardy Magic

Postby Dustin Stinett » October 18th, 2019, 7:08 pm

Anyone else notice the Magic & Illusion category on last night's episode of Jeopardy? And it was a key category. By running it, the contestant named Daryn made it a runaway win.

Here are the answers and questions:

$400
A: Giving a lot of bang for your buck in the 1920s, he presented magic, illusions, escapes & phony mediums exposed.
Q: Harry Houdini

$800
A: On "The Big Bang Theory," this notably silent magician played Amy's dad & actually had a line--"Thank you!"
Q: Teller

$1200
A: In 1983 an onlooker said, "I have never seen a Statue of Liberty disappear the way this one did," courtesy of this performer.
Q: David Copperfield

$1600
A: On April 5, 1999 this magician was "Buried Alive" in a plexiglass coffin under a 3-ton water tank & stayed for 7 days.
Q: David Blaine

$2000
A: He said throwing 2 cards so they stick in the same spot in a watermelon was a "feat so impressive, I am forced to mention it myself!"
Q: Ricky Jay

I presume everyone here also "ran the category."

Tom Gilbert

Re: Jeopardy Magic

Postby Tom Gilbert » October 18th, 2019, 9:51 pm

Think the guy knew magic? He must have had a basic knowledge. Maybe the Ricky Jay question might have been the more obscure... Although, he started with a couple magic questions and changed to a different category before returning to finish it off.

Bill Duncan

Postby Bill Duncan » October 18th, 2019, 10:46 pm

So proud. My wife got all of them but David Blaine. AND she phrased her answers in the form of a question.
: )

Kevin Connolly

Postby Kevin Connolly » October 18th, 2019, 11:14 pm

Tom Gilbert wrote:Think the guy knew magic? He must have had a basic knowledge. Maybe the Ricky Jay question might have been the more obscure... Although, he started with a couple magic questions and changed to a different category before returning to finish it off.

I THINK he was from Vegas. :?:
Please visit my website.
http://houdinihimself.com/
I buy,sell + trade Houdini, Hardeen items.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » October 20th, 2019, 5:15 pm

He was from Las Vegas. And he was a professional gambler (cards).

Return to “Buzz”