Shezam podcast

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
erdnasephile

Shezam podcast

Postby erdnasephile » May 27th, 2019, 9:34 am

This month's MUM magazine features Kayla Drescher. The article mentions her (and Carisa Hendrix's) Shezam podcast.

I listened to a few episodes and found their shows rather interesting because they are discussing topics in magic that are infrequently discussed and from a point of view that is underrepresented in the art. Their episodes sometimes feature special guests. For example, they did a great job conducting a very fine conversation with Max Maven which tackled some fascinating (and potentially difficult) areas, including inclusion/tokenism and what it means to age well in magic.

While I do not agree 100% with all of their opinions (and that's the way it should be), I respect the fact they are asking important questions, thinking seriously about potential answers, actively listening to others, and advocating for progress.

Well worth a listen, IMHO.

erdnasephile

Re: Shezam podcast

Postby erdnasephile » May 27th, 2019, 12:19 pm

It occurred to me that I would be remiss if I failed to specifically mention Episode 17, which addresses the problem of sexual assault in magic. I think it's something anybody in magic would benefit from by listening to it.

I've written before about how my wife and young daughter were sexually harassed at a convention by some fool. I really think it's high time we become allies to help annihilate this sort of disgusting (and all too common) behavior.
Last edited by erdnasephile on May 27th, 2019, 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 27th, 2019, 12:20 pm

Link?
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » May 27th, 2019, 12:23 pm

Return to “Buzz”