Long suspected, the truth is finally out!

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Diego

Long suspected, the truth is finally out!

Postby Diego » April 18th, 2019, 4:14 am

Click this link below, before it's too late!

https://youtu.be/7fKrFeX8dRY

Jeff Haas

Re: Long suspected, the truth is finally out!

Postby Jeff Haas » April 18th, 2019, 4:27 am

At first I thought it was someone trolling...but as it went on, it didn’t seem to be the case.

Joe Lyons
Favorite Magician: Wonder

Postby Joe Lyons » April 18th, 2019, 7:54 am

And so it has always been...

Ray J
Favorite Magician: Chris Kenner

Postby Ray J » April 18th, 2019, 8:25 am

brianarudolph

Postby brianarudolph » April 18th, 2019, 10:01 am

For nearly 50 years I've wanted a demon to grant me the ability to make playing cards and compact discs appear at my fingertips. In my book, that's some REAL power right there.

Ray J

Postby Ray J » April 18th, 2019, 10:59 am

From Wikipedia...

History
The term "magic" etymologically derives from the Greek word mageia (μαγεία). In ancient times, Greeks and Persians had been at war for centuries, and the Persian priests, called magosh in Persian, came to be known as magoi in Greek. Ritual acts of Persian priests came to be known as mageia, and then magika—which eventually came to mean any foreign, unorthodox, or illegitimate ritual practice. During the 17th century, many books were published that described magic tricks. Until the 18th century, magic shows were a common source of entertainment at fairs. A founding figure of modern entertainment magic was Jean Eugène Robert-Houdin, who had a magic theatre in Paris in 1845. John Henry Anderson was pioneering the same transition in London in the 1840s. Towards the end of the 19th century, large magic shows permanently staged at big theatre venues became the norm.[6] As a form of entertainment, magic easily moved from theatrical venues to television magic specials. Performances that modern observers would recognize as conjuring have been practiced throughout history.[citation needed] For many recorded centuries, magicians were associated with the devil and the occult. During the 19th and 20th centuries, many stage magicians even capitalized on this notion in their advertisements.[7] The same level of ingenuity that was used to produce famous ancient deceptions such as the Trojan Horse would also have been used for entertainment, or at least for cheating in money games. They were also used by the practitioners of various religions and cults from ancient times onwards to frighten uneducated people into obedience or turn them into adherents. However, the profession of the illusionist gained strength only in the 18th century, and has enjoyed several popular vogues since.[citation needed]

Ray J

Postby Ray J » April 18th, 2019, 11:03 am

Return to “Buzz”