Magic in Arizona

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
Kent Gunn

Magic in Arizona

Postby Kent Gunn » April 1st, 2019, 8:22 am

Leaving for Phoenix/Mesa/Scottsdale AZ.

I'll be sitting Shiva for my wife's father. Dr. Reuss and I got along like bandits. He liked watching magic tricks and was fond of the old sailor who married his spinster daughter. He lived a long, joyous life.

Ok, I won't really be doing the shiva thing. I'm the only goyim in the family and would just mess it up. So, I have some time for magical endeavours. I know Williams magic folded long ago.

Any of you criminals live in Phoenix? I'll buy a cup of coffee for some sessioning.

I have family in Tucson and will be there as well.

Bill Mullins

Re: Magic in Arizona

Postby Bill Mullins » April 1st, 2019, 11:10 am

Sorry about your family's loss. Having an in-law that you get along with is a blessing.

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » April 1st, 2019, 1:14 pm

Bryce Kulman is in Phoenix. I think Kenton might be as well. There is a magic club if I recall, but don’t know anything about it.

Years ago there was a guy who worked as a ‘card dealer’ at Rawhide, a tourist trappy ghost town experience. went with a group in high school.

Anyway, he wasn’t bad as my teen aged mind recalled. He would do moves at the table so that everyone playing won and for a certificate for ‘breaking the bank’. He talked shop a bit and he had me perform for the management team. offered me a job to work the dice table for the summer.

I lived in KY then so that wasn’t happening. But it was a great memory. Have no idea who he was.

Kent Gunn

Postby Kent Gunn » April 2nd, 2019, 12:01 am

Thanks Brad!

Richard Hatch

Postby Richard Hatch » April 2nd, 2019, 5:29 pm

John A. ("Andy") Greget is in Arizona. Scottsdale, I think. I don't have an address handy and he doesn't have a website or do email, but I'll PM you his phone numbers. Earl Nelson is in Arizona, but in the north part of the state, I think.

mparasich
Favorite Magician: Dai Vernon

Postby mparasich » August 20th, 2019, 2:35 pm

FYI: Williams Magic is open again, but they've relocated to Trail Dust Town. They're just outside the steak place now.
Please stop by if you have a moment and say Hi. They don't have much displayed due to space issues, but they have a ton in stock and can have it in a day or two from their warehouse. It's good to have a magic shop back in Tucson again.

Kent Gunn

Postby Kent Gunn » August 20th, 2019, 9:15 pm

FYI: Williams Magic is open again, but they've relocated to Trail Dust Town. They're just outside the steak place now.

It's been a while since I posted on this thread.

I don't know where Trail Dust Town is. This makes the steak place reference even more obtuse. I'll see if the Internet can help.

Thank you for letting me know Williams Magic has reopened. I will find them and visit on my next swing through Tucson.

KG

Christopher1979
Favorite Magician: Ricky Jay, Dai Vernon, Darwin Ortiz, Ed Marlo

Postby Christopher1979 » August 21st, 2019, 12:39 pm

I live in Phoenix, hope you have a safe trip and remember it has been about 113 here most days for a while.
Auctions & Consignment for Historic Memorabilia and Collectibles
https://www.britannicauctions.com/magic-collectibles/

Return to “Close-Up Magic”