Beat'em, Cheat'em, Leave'em Bleedin'

Post topics about the business side of magic.
Bob Farmer

Beat'em, Cheat'em, Leave'em Bleedin'

Postby Bob Farmer » October 14th, 2018, 2:52 pm

In conjunction with Houdini Magic, Las Vegas Nevada, I'm proud to announce the second edition of Beat'em, Cheat'em, Leave'em Bleedin'--an expanded and updated version designed to take advantage of those asking to be taken advantage of because a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place.

This will be available not from me, but from Houdini Magic:

https://www.houdini.com/beat-em

BammoMagic Club members (it's free, send me an email) will receive a special notification along with a free trick, "Satan's Ashtray," a visually flashy location of a selected card that should have Bammo fans pacing their cells manically cackling at the sheer outrageousness it produces.

For more BammoMagic email bammomagic@cogeco.ca for a free catalog. Making the world strange again, one trick at a time.

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Re: Beat'em, Cheat'em, Leave'em Bleedin'

Postby Matthew Field » October 15th, 2018, 3:45 am

This new edition of "Beat 'em … " has a ton of new material and is very highly recommended! And it's ridiculously cheap!

Matt Field

Bill Marquardt
Favorite Magician: Pop Haydn

Postby Bill Marquardt » October 16th, 2018, 3:23 pm

Pardon me for asking, but this is a printed book, not a download, correct?

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » October 16th, 2018, 4:39 pm

Yes, a printed book. See:

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » October 18th, 2018, 9:10 am

Praise for the first edition from one who knows:

“There's a great deal of clever material here for the betcha and bar stunt fan …. This is a clever, entertaining, and in fact, quite original book; this is not the usual rehash of time-worn oldies. One standout item is a monte routine using a Svengali Deck that thoroughly conceals the gaff and lets you end dean. Frankly, it's unlikely that you will be familiar with much of. this material…. It’s five lousy bucks. You could do worse. Buy it.
—Jamy Ian Swiss review, Genii, December, 1994.

It’s now ten lousy bucks, but it’s twice as big. It’s not a download it’s a real book, something that can occupy a place of honor in your home beside the marked cards, the loaded dice, the leather-bound edition of Erdnase and that first dollar you scammed from the candy store when you were ten.

Buy it here before it sells out, it’s been selling like cold lemonade on a southern July afternoon:

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » November 1st, 2018, 12:12 pm

Here is an unsolicited comment from one of the millions of happy readers:

"I just got my copy - the material on performing 3-card monte type routines/scams with dice is brilliant."
-Robin Dawes

Geno Munari

Postby Geno Munari » December 18th, 2018, 9:09 am

Beat'em, Cheat'em, Leave'em Bleedin' is now available for Kindle on Amazon. The release day is December 21.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss ... ds=beat+em

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » December 18th, 2018, 5:50 pm

Apparently, there are 70 million Kindle users worldwide and the world population is almost 8 billion so I think that means that about 8% of the population now have the opportunity, if they buy the book, to swindle the other unsuspecting 92%. I think my math is right, but if it isn't, put it down to a thematically-correct approach: never tell the sucker the correct odds.

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » December 19th, 2018, 8:04 am

The new version of "Beat 'Em…" is bigger, better, meatier.

I had a small hand in the new version. You might even say a "Little Hand"!

Har har -- Little Hand! Bob Farmer! Get it?!

Matt Field

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » January 14th, 2019, 12:04 pm

Some reviews for review:

“… straightforward descriptions of some very fine hustles, largely avoiding the more familiar betchas. Instead you’ll discover some novel and seemingly fair games over which you have a mathematical edge that you can transform into a winning scenario.”

“ [includes] … a description of the marvelous “Penney’s Game” discovered by mathematician Walter Penney. This is definitely worth knowing because one day someone is going to come up with a good presentation for this beautiful mathematical ruse.”

“The book closes with a couple of Chicago Bar Scams. One in which you make a signed bill disappear and reappear in the cash register. And another, which I hadn’t seen before, in which you make good on a bet that you can reveal the name of a thought-of card. It’s an absolute scam and it’s funny.”

—David Britland, Genii, January, 2019, reviewing the expanded 2019 second edition

“… a great deal of clever material … clever, entertaining, and, in fact, quite original; this is not the usual rehash of time-worn oldies … Buy it.”

—Jamy Ian Swiss, Genii, December, 1994, reviewing the first edition.

Available here:

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » January 20th, 2019, 11:56 am

Beat'em, Cheat'em, Leave'em Bleedin' is now available worldwide on Amazon Kindle.

Return to “Marketing & Magic Business”