NYC Saturday Magic Group on the Move

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Herb

NYC Saturday Magic Group on the Move

Postby Herb » November 10th, 2018, 10:26 am

The New York City Saturday magic group has moved to another location - A & H Deli, 431 Seventh Avenue, between 33rd and 34th Streets - across from Madison Square Garden. The group meets in the upstairs dining area. This is the group that years ago met at Reuben's Deli and until recently was meeting at Rustico Pizza. They briefly met at another deli before moving to the current location. The heritage of the group extends at least to the 1970s when magicians met at the Governor Cafeteria, although possibly earlier. Sol Stone, Doug Edwards, Wesley James, Rene Clement and numerous others are among the regular attendees. If you are visiting New York please stop by. The group gathers Saturdays around noon and usually hangs out until about 5 p.m. The location is within easy walking distance to both Tannen's and Fantasma magic shops.

I.M. Magician
Favorite Magician: All of the very best!

Re: NYC Saturday Magic Group on the Move

Postby I.M. Magician » November 10th, 2018, 12:50 pm

Thanks for the update Herb! Back in the late sixties and into the mid seventies, I used to attend the gatherings and always had a great time. It was Rosoff’s and then the cafeteria at that time.

I would make the rounds to see Al Flosso, John and Tony at Tannen’s (actually Lou Tannen before that), and I have many fantastic memories of those days.

As well, I would show up at a monthly meeting of the SAM Parent Assembly from time to time.

I remember walking by a Horn and Hardarts one evening when I see Larry Weeks inside eating a vegetable platter. Anyone remember the famous Horn and Hardarts vegetable platter? So, I went in to chat with him briefly.

Anyway, I want to stop by and say hello when I am in NYC. I will get a big kick out of it!

Return to “Buzz”