James P Ryan "The Darling of the Geritol Set" The Lecture

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Tom Dobrowolski

James P Ryan "The Darling of the Geritol Set" The Lecture

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » December 27th, 2017, 2:03 pm

I was friends with Jim Ryan the last part of his life. We traveled to conventions,talked story, sessioned, went to magic meetings and had a lot of Chinese dinners. One of his ongoing 'concerns" was that he and his material would be lost and forgotten once he was gone. He wasn't driven by ego as those who knew him would attest he just thought it was some good fun magic. He was absolutely right! To that end I think it's about time to expose the newer magic guys to his work. My new lecture in May will be all Jim Ryan material. I am going to take material he showed me as well as some from his published booklets.

Several folks who know have already reached out to me but if you have any stories, do any of his material, have any video footage, etc. of Jim please let me know. You can post here, message or email me. Thanks.

Those who knew him knew how great of a magician and friend to many he was. He truly loved his family, magic and people. I miss him.

Thanks- Tom

Barden

Re: James P Ryan "The Darling of the Geritol Set" The Lecture

Postby Barden » December 29th, 2017, 10:57 am

Hi Tom,

Will you be making available a set of lecture notes on the lecture material?

Tom Dobrowolski

Re: James P Ryan "The Darling of the Geritol Set" The Lecture

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » January 1st, 2018, 8:02 pm

Hi Barden,

Yes will definitely have notes from this lecture. They’ll be done in May when I premiere the lecture.

Thanks for asking! - Tom

Return to “Buzz”