Harry Lorayne - Indefatigable!

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Stokes

Harry Lorayne - Indefatigable!

Postby Richard Stokes » December 4th, 2017, 7:31 am

I woke to find this in today's Daily Mail (UK):

Never forget a name again
Harry Lorayne says his system helps him to remember up to 1,500 names
He advises using a substitute word connected with a memorable feature
He believes the more you use his system the better your memory will become
By Harry Lorayne For The Daily Mail

Published: 4 December 2017

Are you dreading this year’s Christmas parties, worried that you’ll embarrass yourself by forgetting people’s names? Well, I have good news for you: my memory system — which I’ve honed over many decades — will ensure that you’ll always be able to put a name to a face. I’ve shown in front of audiences that I can remember up to 1,500 names of people I’ve only just met. Here’s how you can use the same tricks...

performer

Re: Harry Lorayne - Indefatigable!

Postby performer » December 4th, 2017, 10:13 pm

In Harry's "How to Develop a Super Power Memory" book he details the best method I have read of the Day for any Date stunt. I have read other systems but found them quite cumbersome. His method still takes some work but it is worth it. I use it at every psychic reading I do. I have to do numerology from their date of birth anyway so since I have the date of birth I do take great joy at telling them what day they were born on. Sometimes they know already which is always very effective but if they don't I usually say, "Ask your mother. She was there at the time!" then more seriously they can look it up on their phones right in front of me or check it out on the computer when they get home.

I have only seen one man ever do this day for any date stunt and he was quite famous for it. His name was Fergie a rather eccentric Irish magician who used to go to all his shows on a motor bike. I heard he used to sleep in hedges to save hotel money but I have no idea if that was true or not. I hope it was since I like the story!

I met him once at the Tralee Festival where he was performing on stage. He did the day for any date stunt and he was really sharp at it.

Return to “Buzz”