FISM in September issue?

Discuss the latest feature articles in Genii.

FISM in September issue?

Postby Guest » September 3rd, 2003, 1:35 am

Hi,

I recently subscribed to Genii. Unfortunately, I will have to wait for the October issue before it starts.
I was wondering if FISM was covered in the September issue? If so, I will back order that issue. However, I couldn't find anything about it in the online table of contents.

Thanks!

Gerben

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: FISM in September issue?

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 3rd, 2003, 8:31 am

I'm happy to say that Genii was the first magazine in the United States to provide a comprehensive list of all the FISM winners to its readers. I managed to sneak it into "Genii Speaks" while the issue was at blueline.
Our full coverage will appear in our October issue, with articles by Wittus Witt and Pete Biro.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » September 3rd, 2003, 5:25 pm

Richard,

That is one of the best spins I have ever read! Better than Clinton or Bush! You avoided the issue of being scooped by....(won't say)

Seriously you have done an absolutely incredible job of restoring a classic magic magazine to a "best of breed."

Just couldn't resist the observation (;-) however.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » September 3rd, 2003, 7:40 pm

Quality takes a little more time... you will be thrilled and delighted with our work on the FISM issue for sure.... brag brag!!! :cool:

If you just wanted the news about FISM it was all over the Internet and, well frankly "that other" magazine just used the Internet stuff for much of their report. :genii:
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » September 4th, 2003, 6:03 pm

Pete,

I can't wait for your report. I hope you used lot's of that great sense of humor and sense of the absurd.

Regards,

Bill

Postby Guest » September 21st, 2003, 7:51 pm

I've read the coverage of both and Genii had by far the better coverage. At least there were honest opinions about the acts and the quality of the overall festival that surrounds FISM. Magic magazine really offered almost nothing -- in my very humble opinion.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » September 21st, 2003, 8:55 pm

Absurd? Rediculous. Insane maybe :whack:
Stay tooned.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » September 22nd, 2003, 4:45 pm

At last, my postal delivery person has finally finished reading my FISM issue of Genii.

Gosh, did I have that much fun there? I guess so, I said I did.

I do think, however, the "main" article was a tad more negative than things really were. Perhaps a nation vs. nation kinda thinking?

There were many valid complaints, as any convention of that size will get, however, there was so much -- too much -- going on for too long, and one (me for sure) just couldn't get to it all.

Although I know a few folks that would stay up all day and all night for a few nights, then crash and miss the next day... :sleep:
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » September 23rd, 2003, 2:43 pm

Pete,

I really liked how your photo's and your writing matched up unlike the "other" magazine where you would see the write-up them the picture was two pages before or after! Great job.

Bill

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » September 25th, 2003, 11:34 am

I had nuttin' to do with the layout, our wonderful Chief Genii-Meister and his bride did that... which, I believe, is the way to go... :cool: :cool:

I liked it so much I read it every morning. :D :eek:
Stay tooned.

Return to “Feature Articles”