Topit advise

A place where beginners can participate, ask questions, and post their views. However, beginners typically ask a lot of questions about sources, tricks, books, and so on. In fact, all magicians are interested (or should be) in the provenance of tricks, ideas, and related matters. This department will service these needs.

Topit advise

Postby Guest » February 1st, 2003, 4:09 pm

Which style of topit do you feel is the most advantagous and why ?

Re: Topit advise

Postby Guest » February 18th, 2003, 9:49 am

I have the Jay Scott Berry topit installed in my coat (both sides) and they work well. They have the "backs" like the Ammar topit to catch things that were inadvertently overthrown or thrown to high. They are also accessible from the outside pockets. There's something else about them which makes them a little more foolproof, however publically mentioning exactly what that is might be overstepping what's appropriate to discuss in this medium. I had mine installed when JSB did a seminar at the Castle last summer. Look him up the next time he's in your neck of the woods. Good Luck!

Postby Guest » February 18th, 2003, 11:14 am

Ive used Ammar, Cloutier, and Pat Page style topits. While all have various pluses and minuses the best topit I have ever seen is the one used by Jim Cellini. It is utterly brilliant in construction and thought. It is designed to use the entire area of the coat including both pockets and doesnt cost any more to have installed than an Ammar or Cloutier.

The system for connecting it to your body is so elegantly simple that it defies explanation as to why no one thought of it before. This hooks up and unhooks automatically. It happens in a blink, you really do not feel like you are wearing a topit.

Cellini sells the patterns and if you use a topit often you have to at least see the work this guy has done.

It is the best.

Best,

Dan-

Postby Guest » February 18th, 2003, 11:48 am

Thanks for your advise and help guys

webbmaster
Favorite Magician: richard Kaufmann

Postby webbmaster » February 27th, 2017, 1:35 pm

Darwin Ortiz has some very interesting 'work' on topics with features I didn't see elsewhere. I think it is his 4th book but the name escapes me. Sorry !

lybrary

Postby lybrary » February 27th, 2017, 6:33 pm

Enrico Varella just released a really interesting ebook on the Tiepit, an alternative to the Topit if you do not have a jacket. But it also includes a lot of very useful lessons if you use a standard Topit. http://www.lybrary.com/no-jacket-requir ... 02590.html
Lybrary.com Magic & Gambling
preserving magic one book at a time

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » February 28th, 2017, 5:00 pm

On a tangential note: does anyone have experience with Danny Korem's "Upside Down Toppit"?

Is it a Topit in the truest sense? I'm asking because Mr. Korem refers to "concepts" from it in his "Korem without limits" book, but in that context, it doesn't seem like a Topit at all.

Doomo

Postby Doomo » February 28th, 2017, 10:16 pm

Well technically it is not a topic. It is a pendulum.
RFA Productions yeah... It is cool stuff.

www.rfaproductions.com

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » March 1st, 2017, 6:15 am

That's what it seemed like--thanks for clearing that up for me.

webbmaster
Favorite Magician: richard Kaufmann

Postby webbmaster » April 19th, 2017, 9:49 am

tangentially...it was originally called a poacher's pocket and was for making things disappear but not magically. In recent history rumor has it that some use it again more for it's original purpose and steaks from the meat department are are made to disappear but not magically.

Return to “Reference Room”