See Steve Cohen's Chamber Magic NOW Before You Miss Your Chance

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

See Steve Cohen's Chamber Magic NOW Before You Miss Your Chance

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 27th, 2016, 9:19 pm

The Waldorf Astoria Hotel is being turned into Condos by the Chinese jerk who bought it.
I have no inside information, but I'd suggest going to see Steve Cohen's show Chamber Magic now while you have the chance. If I hear otherwise, I'll post an update.
http://www.timeout.com/newyork/blog/the ... dos-062716
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

stuartbeck

Re: See Steve Cohen's Chamber Magic NOW Before You Miss Your Chance

Postby stuartbeck » June 30th, 2016, 10:43 am

Love Steve Cohen's Chamber Magic...have seen it on both coasts...he brought it to the Beverly Wilshire a few years ago.
I don't know if will be affected or not...because Chamber Magic was always in the section that was made up of the "Waldorf Residences" & not in the hotel proper.
Hope he continues for years to come.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 30th, 2016, 11:24 am

It will be affected.

Steve Cohen

Postby Steve Cohen » December 19th, 2016, 2:36 pm

Thanks for your interest in my show. I have exactly 60 shows left at the Waldorf Astoria NY before they close for renovations. 47 of those 60 shows are sold-out, so if you have been meaning to see the show at the hotel where it became famous, this is truly your last chance.

However, the show is moving, not closing!
The Waldorf Astoria will be closing on March 1, 2017 for 3+ years of renovations. The hotel was purchased in 2014 by Anbang Insurance Group, a Chinese holding company, for nearly $2 billion. They intend to gut renovate the hotel, converting the upper floors into ultra-luxury condominiums, and the lower floors into a smaller boutique hotel with retail area.

When I announced that Chamber Magic must move to a new venue, I was flattered to receive inquiries from seven top luxury hotels in New York. I have signed a contract with an iconic landmark hotel in midtown Manhattan.

We will be making a public announcement in Forbes magazine next week. I really can’t wait to share this with you — including gorgeous photos of my new showroom. Frankly, it’s breathtaking.

Chamber Magic will continue — uninterrupted — in its new home, starting March 3, 2017. I hope to see some of you there.

performer

Postby performer » December 19th, 2016, 3:27 pm

I predict that there will be other chamber magic type shows in New York in the near future. I get a vibe of it. It is good to be aware of these trends. When it happens you will remember I told you about it.

In the name of God don't mention the names of the hotels that approached you. They will be visited by various starving magicians within a week of doing so. In fact it would have been wiser for you not to mention that other hotels have approached you.

I am psychic and know these things.........................

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 19th, 2016, 4:23 pm

Steve is ahead of you, Mark. :)

performer

Postby performer » December 19th, 2016, 6:30 pm

I doubt it otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned it.

Which reminds me. I see all sorts of magicians, particularly on facebook bragging about where they are working and how well they are doing thus giving the game away to the more predatory of our so called "brotherhood". It would be wiser of them to follow the advice that Tony Corinda once gave me about business matters, "Keep your mouth shut"

Oddly enough I learned that once from an Irish magician too.

Steve Cohen

Postby Steve Cohen » December 23rd, 2016, 12:56 am

Here is an announcement for my new showroom once the Waldorf Astoria closes:
http://chambermagic.com/news/new-home-palace/

I'm moving one block away to the New York Palace hotel. Photos and more info are included in the announcement linked above.
Shows will continue to run five times weekly.

Forbes.com also published an article today about my move:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jerylbrunner/2016/12/22/the-waldorf-astoria-is-closing-where-will-steve-cohen-the-millionaires-magician-do-his-show/#6edf46a61cb0

I hope to see some of you either at the Waldorf before it closes on March 1st, or at the NY Palace starting March 3rd.

MagicbyAlfred
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Postby MagicbyAlfred » December 23rd, 2016, 3:00 am

Steve Cohen wrote:Here is an announcement for my new showroom once the Waldorf Astoria closes:
http://chambermagic.com/news/new-home-palace/

I'm moving one block away to the New York Palace hotel. Photos and more info are included in the announcement linked above.
Shows will continue to run five times weekly.

Forbes.com also published an article today about my move:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jerylbrunner/2016/12/22/the-waldorf-astoria-is-closing-where-will-steve-cohen-the-millionaires-magician-do-his-show/#6edf46a61cb0

I hope to see some of you either at the Waldorf before it closes on March 1st, or at the NY Palace starting March 3rd.

This upcoming engagement at the Palace and the predecessor booking at the Waldorf are the kind of gigs most magicians can only dream about. Although I have never met Steve, nor seen him perform (yet), I believe that he has been a wonderful ambassador for our art, who has undoubtedly earned his success. I extend my heartfelt congratulations to him, and sincerely hope to be able to see him perform some day.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » December 23rd, 2016, 1:09 pm

I highly recommend it, Alfred (and to everyone, of course). I saw it a couple of times when he was in Los Angeles some years ago. It ranks among the best shows I've ever seen.

MagicbyAlfred
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Postby MagicbyAlfred » December 23rd, 2016, 1:45 pm

Dustin Stinett wrote:I highly recommend it, Alfred (and to everyone, of course). I saw it a couple of times when he was in Los Angeles some years ago. It ranks among the best shows I've ever seen.

Thanks Dustin! I am chomping at the bit to see it, particularly in view of your recommendation.

Doug Thornton
Favorite Magician: David Copperfield, Penn & Teller, Harry Anderson, Derren Brown, Mac King

Postby Doug Thornton » January 13th, 2017, 7:44 pm

Smiles all around
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SAM161CALENDAR/
SAM 161 - The David Copperfield Assembly
https://www.sam161.com/

Return to “Buzz”