How is Simon Lovell doing?

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
erdnasephile

How is Simon Lovell doing?

Postby erdnasephile » December 11th, 2016, 4:34 pm

I was rereading Mr. Lovell's very excellent "Second to None" and started wondering if anyone knew how he was doing lately. (The last update I heard was on Scott Wells' podcast where he had moved back to England). I really hope he's doing better.

Ian Kendall

Re: How is Simon Lovell doing?

Postby Ian Kendall » December 11th, 2016, 4:59 pm

There will be more recent news from others, but I spoke with him last year (to sort out his dad's computer initially). He seemed to be in an ok state, and we chatted for a while about moves.

I think Matt Field is in more constant contact.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 11th, 2016, 6:50 pm

He's been in photos on Facebook recently and I chatted with him there. Seems okay.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » December 12th, 2016, 1:45 am

I'm glad to hear that--thanks!

I only got a chance to meet Mr. Lovell once in Las Vegas--he was very kind in answering questions and was really talented and funny. I never got to see him deal seconds, but if the book is any indication, he can really do the work.

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » December 12th, 2016, 5:02 am

I'm in fairly regular touch with Simon, who seems to be doing well over here in England. He has been concentrating on making art and selling it, and Magic Circle member Lee Hathaway visited Simon and showed him how to use his smart phone to connect to Facebook. Sandy and Susan Marshall visited Simon and Sandy reported about the fine time they had on Facebook. I'm a notorious anti-social fellow, myself, so really have to make the effort to connect with him.

When I last saw Simon, at The Magic Circle, I asked if he would do some false dealing for me (I love his work) and he was great.

Simon has some acute physical disabilities but makes jokes about his time in the "loony bin."

I think the world of him.

Matt Field

Return to “Buzz”