Flash Cash using Playing cards

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
Jonathan Townsend

Flash Cash using Playing cards

Postby Jonathan Townsend » December 5th, 2016, 12:06 pm

Hi Folks,

What's the history on doing Pat Page's Easy Money (Fred Kaps Flash Cash) with playing cards on one side of the effect?

Thanks in advance,

JonT
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Jonathan Townsend

Re: Flash Cash using Playing cards

Postby Jonathan Townsend » December 8th, 2016, 9:09 am

Any updates on this history question? IIRC Eric Decamps had something on this at the end of a cards routine. References/Citations?
Thanks in advance,
JonT
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

MagicbyAlfred
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Postby MagicbyAlfred » December 8th, 2016, 11:52 am

I met Eric around 1994 when my good friend and mentor brought him over to my apartment in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Eric was down visiting from NYC. In the course of the ensuing session, Eric performed his fabulous Wild Card routine ("Jokers are Wild"), which ended with him turning all the cards into cash. (Not only eye-popping but an ingenious cleanup!) He performs the Jokers are Wild routine on "Stars of Magic # 6, Eric Dekamps," available from Penguin. Since I haven't seen the DVD, can't say for certain whether he does the flash cash kicker on it.

Sean-Dylan

Postby Sean-Dylan » December 8th, 2016, 12:17 pm

Eric DeCamps does indeed perform and teach the Flash Cash kicker on his Stars of Magic DVD.

Eric's "Jokers Are Wild" routine is also sold by Meir Yedid and can be found at www.mymagic.com.

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » December 8th, 2016, 1:10 pm

years ago a bought a marketed item, I believe from al cohen, that was a single playing card that turned into a bill. It was, essentially, what one would have if one made the flash cash gimmick with a playing card.

Bill Duncan

Postby Bill Duncan » December 8th, 2016, 1:37 pm

A few other releases. I think in order of their release.
Pimpin' Ain't Easy by Nathan Kranzo
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S16937

Bash by Xeon Steel
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S19784

MagicbyAlfred
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Postby MagicbyAlfred » December 8th, 2016, 1:49 pm

Brad Henderson wrote:years ago a bought a marketed item, I believe from al cohen, that was a single playing card that turned into a bill. It was, essentially, what one would have if one made the flash cash gimmick with a playing card.

After having seen Eric's kicker ending to "Jokers are Wild," I was inspired to make the flash cash gimmick with a blank face playing card, and use it at the end of my 3-Card Monte routine. My patter is about how I got hustled in the game years ago on the street in NYC. At the end of the routine, I explain that I did not get discouraged, but went out and got three cards of my own, practiced day and night, and "have been making money on the cards ever since." (cards are given a shake and visibly turn into 100's as the last line is delivered).

Return to “Close-Up Magic”