The Works

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.
Bibliophage

The Works

Postby Bibliophage » July 4th, 2016, 10:01 pm

Did anyone else sign up for this? They had me at "wallet" but the bonus thing sounds great too.

PickaCard

Re: The Works

Postby PickaCard » July 4th, 2016, 10:59 pm

I love Weber's material and I find the delivery of the project very original. I signed up. The bonus item sounds incredible :?:

Bibliophage

Postby Bibliophage » July 4th, 2016, 11:44 pm

Agreed. Bonus item sounds impossible, but I think much of the true value comes from thinking about the conditions and imagining how to perform something that fits them.

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » July 5th, 2016, 6:12 am

I had to pass. It sounds very interesting, but the entry fee is a bit too pricey (for me).

PickaCard

Postby PickaCard » July 5th, 2016, 6:58 am

There is no denying that Weber material retails at a premium compared to other creators. But then again, he does not mass market to the magic community. The price is hefty and more than I have ever spent on one item in magic, but I sort of justified it by dividing the total by 18 (the anticipated number of releases) plus the bonus and arrived at a little less that $20 per release. At least you don't have to pay for shipping for each item separately :)

AaronSmith

Postby AaronSmith » July 5th, 2016, 7:37 am

Was a no brainer for me. Loved the concepts behind Real Secrets and Psience as well as the material, so hoping this is even better. Very excited about the Weber bonus item too.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

The Works by Michael Weber and Tim Trono

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 5th, 2016, 7:14 pm

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 6th, 2016, 1:23 am

For some odd reason I've been unable to make the broadside for "The Works" a readable size. If anyone has any bright ideas on how to fix that, please let me know.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » July 6th, 2016, 4:13 am

Richard Kaufman wrote:For some odd reason I've been unable to make the broadside for "The Works" a readable size. If anyone has any bright ideas on how to fix that, please let me know.

If you're interested in better handling of images posted to the forums, you might want to consider using the stock forums attachment functionality (which allows for drag and drop of images into a post, a very nice addition to phpBB 3.1) in conjunction with (a very easily added - and free) forums extension for a nice zooming lightbox effect. Works well with Tapatalk also (i.e. no compatibility issues that I've seen).

I have this functionality set up on my own forums and you can test it in this thread. Just click on some of the attached images to see how it works.

Another demo can be seen here.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 7th, 2016, 12:45 am

Thank Chris.
In the meantime, here is the full text of the broadside.

THE WORKS

A box filled with miracles delivered to your door.

New and modern mentalism inspired by:

THEODORE ANNEMANN
CHAN CANASTA
ROBERT CASSIDY
TONY CORINDA
MAURICE FOGEL
PHIL GOLDSTEIN
“PHANTINI” GRANT
DOCC HILFORD
BURLING “VOLTA” HULL
LUKE JERMAY
ROSS JOHNSON
TED KARMILOVITCH
MAX MAVEN
ROBERT NELSON
NED RUTLEDGE
T. A. WATERS

COMPLETE STAGE ACTS, IMPROMPTU WONDERS, SECRET TECHNIQUES, and DEVIOUS DEVICES

Receive a complete stand-up mentalism act developed by Michael Weber and Tim Trono with ideas from the world’s top working mentalists. You'll get a year and a half of stage-worthy mentalism. Imagine a brand new act that you can literally carry in your pockets.

These are complete routines that can serve as ideal enhancements to your existing act. Ingenious, practical, working mentalism pieces with which you can develop a career, earn a living and thrill an audience. These are not pipe dreams or toys but hard-hitting routines you will use. Each month will bring you performance-ready professional routines with the necessary special materials to start performing them right away and make you a better mentalist.

You will also receive amazing close-up mentalism routines you can carry with you. Situational mentalism pieces for special occasions and all the essential details and insights that will help you transform innovative ideas into compelling performances.

Only 200 of The Works collections have been assembled for current members and past customers. Those who hesitate are sure to be disappointed. Rest assured that this is not a bunch of envelopes and pencils. The Works is a curated collection of specially designed and manufactured materials including an innovative, multi-functional custom wallet, exclusive printed props, a bit of modern-day micro-circuitry and items crafted in cloth, plastic and metal.

ACT NOW!

When you join you will be sent your complete The Works custom collection delivered via First-Class Mail to anywhere in the world. Every month thereafter you will receive digital instructions for one of the routines, effects or devices in your collection. As you receive instructions for the standup mentalism act, you will also learn the details of how to put the act together, how to make the routines fit your style and persona, updated tips, professional insights and more.

You'll receive at least a year and a half of instructions and routines and perhaps even a little bit more for no additional cost to you. Every month you will learn a piece of strong, practical mentalism you can start performing immediately. In addition you'll receive a “catalog style” description of the effect that will be taught the following month giving you a month of performance and anticipation. At the outset you will receive a box filled with the dozens of special items you will need to perform the routines.

The Works is $350 plus a one-time shipping fee ($15 in USA and Canada, $25 elsewhere). Special Offer: Act now and receive The Unseen.

Only those valued founding members who join in the next 10 days will receive The Unseen: a special routine from Michael Weber and the secret Unseen device all included as part of your collection. This special offer ends 7/14/2016.

DON'T MISS OUT!

Include your full name, address, and phone number in the notes section of your PayPal payment so we can verify your collection is sent to the correct address. The first digital issue will be e-mailed to you August 19, 2016 and the collections will be shipped on August 26, 2016. Make your payment now to Psience.Mail@Gmail.Com via PayPal. Remember, only 200 sets have been created and only those joining before July 14th will receive The Unseen.

Bibliophage

Postby Bibliophage » July 7th, 2016, 12:01 pm

Richard,

Here is the text from the other part of the mailing they sent out this weekend:

You invite a group of people whom you have never met to join you on stage. They do not write or draw anything. Each simply concentrates on a random thought which they neither speak, write nor share with anyone else. You turn your back to the group and a random member of the group silently walks up behind you and places his or her hand on your shoulder and simply thinks of his or her unique, unwritten and unspoken thought. With your eyes closed the entire time, you are able to know the exact, random, unspoken thought the instant you are touched. You can speak the thought out loud, write it on a large pad or even draw a picture of the thought. We guarantee that the people actually decide for themselves who will challenge you, even they don't know who will approach you until after you turn your back. You do not force their choices in any way. This is a challenge demonstration of test-conditions mind reading that can involve many spectators on stage and which builds to a compelling, baffling and most entertaining climax. Routine and “special something” available only to Charter Members of The Works until July 14th, 2016. Created by Michael Weber.

"The Unseen is a devastating, elegant and hugely practical demonstration of test-conditions telepathy.
Hidden in its simplicity is huge power." - Luke Jermay

“Weber’s Unseen is practical for use in a trade show booth, strolling and as part of my stage show.
So smart. So good. So Weber.” - Chad Long

Arcato

Postby Arcato » August 20th, 2016, 2:20 pm

Just curious, has anyone who subscribed to The Works received their first digital issue? It was supposed to be in our mailbox on 19th August... nothing in mine so far...
Thanks,
Uwe

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 20th, 2016, 3:39 pm

Not shipped yet

Johnp

Postby Johnp » August 20th, 2016, 5:55 pm

I emailed them yesterday (Friday) and was told it "will actually probably be tomorrow" when it will be sent. Today is actually probably almost over so it might not happen.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 21st, 2016, 9:55 pm

The first set of instructions for the first trick in The Works just popped into my inbox. Also a teaser for the second item. Can't wait for the box! :)

Mac Stone

Postby Mac Stone » September 1st, 2016, 12:15 pm

My Collection just arrived in the mail.

The Complete Works arrived in a single package. It will be frustrating staring at this box of props not knowing what to do with them or how to use them, but it should be fun when I find out.

I feel like a kid with a box full of new toys. Expertly and beautifully packaged.

Bibliophage

Postby Bibliophage » September 1st, 2016, 12:58 pm

My collection arrived yesterday.

Shrink-wrapped with my name on it!

Was surprised to find a beautiful gimmicked leather wallet ($200 easy) right on top when I opened the lid (nice box)

It is exactly as pictured in the illustrations of the first set of instructions including the secret function (and I think I see other special features as well)

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 1st, 2016, 3:04 pm

Where's mine? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Johnp

Postby Johnp » September 1st, 2016, 6:08 pm

I received my box, as well. It is nicely packaged and enticing.
I was wondering if anyone could give me a reference on the best method to use the wallet for the end of the first effect that we received. I've not used this particular type of wallet before.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 1st, 2016, 6:58 pm

You have to wait for the instructions to be sent to you! That's how The Works works.

Mac Stone

Postby Mac Stone » September 1st, 2016, 7:05 pm

Johnp wrote:I received my box, as well. It is nicely packaged and enticing.
I was wondering if anyone could give me a reference on the best method to use the wallet for the end of the first effect that we received. I've not used this particular type of wallet before.

I'm sure details on handling the wallet will follow.

However, after just playing around with it I think I have a reasonable idea. Use it like you would a normal and look at what you see.

The other items in the collection have really aroused my curiosity. Their function and purpose are much more obtuse, although my mind is swirling with imagination.

And yes, I forgot to mention, each box has been personalized. A touch that has not gone unnoticed.

I'm very happy to be a part of this project. I'm hoping The Works will be renewed for at least another season like some of the other projects from the Real Secrets team, if the first effect we received earlier is any indication it will be full of killer material.

Orlan

Postby Orlan » September 1st, 2016, 7:27 pm

Johnp wrote:I received my box, as well. It is nicely packaged and enticing.

Hi Johnp,

Sent you a PM. Like Richard mentioned, most of the features of the wallet haven't been explored in this first effect, but I think you might be referring to what's shown in the very last illustration (and is only described briefly). At the beginning it says this is part of a three phase routine, and I might have an idea of what the next phases might be- I ran into Michael at the Session Convention and he showed a small group around the lobby a cool routine using this wallet (the first phase which was this first effect). The next phase will be using another of the items provided in the box in conjunction with the wallet. :D

Johnp

Postby Johnp » September 1st, 2016, 8:40 pm

I know that instructions will be sent. I was just curious how you use the peek function used in the first effect. I don't want to give anything away, but I'm trying to figure a way to justify opening the wallet. I think that I have a solution.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 1st, 2016, 10:21 pm

Let's be careful of how much we give away here. The Works is expensive, and the secrets should stay with those who have paid.
If the PM function is working, use it. Otherwise speak in oblique terms (of which a good job has been done so far).

Johnp

Postby Johnp » September 1st, 2016, 10:27 pm

I have been using the pm function and I have a good idea what is happening. I have high hopes for this project.

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » September 2nd, 2016, 1:31 pm

Is the item still available for purchase?
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 2nd, 2016, 1:41 pm

Email and find out: Psience.Mail@Gmail.Com

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 2nd, 2016, 4:35 pm

Just lifted the lid off my copy of The Works.
Wow.
Fun now ensues.

Travis
Favorite Magician: Charles Morritt

Postby Travis » September 2nd, 2016, 11:58 pm

Somehow I missed this thread back in July and have only just become aware of it. Luckily, I was able to get my order in just in time and I'm very much looking forward to receiving this material. Giddy, in fact. Unfortunately, I missed the opportunity for 'The Unseen'.

Soooo...should any of you decide to let it go, I'm more than happy to make an offer. :)

AaronSmith

Postby AaronSmith » September 3rd, 2016, 7:39 am

Mine arrived today in Scotland. The box is packed with interesting props and I had the biggest smile after looking at the wallet. Genius thinking.

TomJHodgson

Postby TomJHodgson » September 4th, 2016, 7:57 am

I'm hoping my box will arrive here, in Australia, tomorrow at some point.
Very excited to see what goodies are inside!

jayadkins
Favorite Magician: David Copperfield

Postby jayadkins » September 4th, 2016, 11:12 am

my box arrived yesterday in the UK. does anyone have a idea which item is the bonus Webber one ?? Been looking but cant find anything that it could relate too ~ #lookingforthatspecialsomething

Don Hendrix

Postby Don Hendrix » September 4th, 2016, 11:43 am

Has anyone received "The Unseen", yet?

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 4th, 2016, 12:17 pm

It may have arrived, but I haven't seen it. :lol:

Bibliophage

Postby Bibliophage » September 4th, 2016, 8:10 pm

I think you only got the Bonus if you joined and paid in full by July 14th.

AaronSmith

Postby AaronSmith » September 4th, 2016, 8:40 pm

The way I read it was the bonus would be sent out with the rest and instructions would be sent later. Obviously we have no idea what thing in the box is the bonus though.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 4th, 2016, 9:10 pm

I wonder if it's that "empty" envelope.

Arcato

Postby Arcato » September 5th, 2016, 5:25 am

I haven't received my box yet, but wouldn't it be a good idea to start a closed Facebook group for owners of The Works to exchange ideas?

Don Hendrix

Postby Don Hendrix » September 5th, 2016, 7:27 am

Arcato wrote:I haven't received my box yet, but wouldn't it be a good idea to start a closed Facebook group for owners of The Works to exchange ideas?

It would be a good idea to ask Michael and Tim, first. Tim tells me that the Unseen is in the box but instructions have not yet been sent.

Don Hendrix

Postby Don Hendrix » September 5th, 2016, 7:32 am

Related to another Weber effect, I have a pretty good idea what the second effect will be. So far, this looks like another real deal from M and T. If you can still get it, and haven't, you should. The future of magic is in good hands.

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”