Hello...Hello...Hello

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Steve Mills

Hello...Hello...Hello

Postby Steve Mills » May 10th, 2016, 1:05 pm

Hello....Hello...Hello...Hello...Hello...

I don't think I've ever seem magic forums so quiet. I get the Genii RSS feed and it appears there were a total of 4 postings in the last 24 hours. I know there is interest, as nearly 2,000 people looked at that tedious Precursor thread (not the fault of the original poster).

Personally I think active and relevant forums are important to all of us, but I may be alone. Even the Cafe has some merit - at least when it was active.

Just some random thoughts.

performer

Re: Hello...Hello...Hello

Postby performer » May 10th, 2016, 1:25 pm

That is what I've been saying! Perhaps I need to be rude to someone. That might do it!

I.M. Magician
Favorite Magician: All of the very best!

Postby I.M. Magician » May 10th, 2016, 1:47 pm

I have noticed the lull in conversation here lately as well. I tried to start something a couple of times but apparently no one cared or had anything to say about those topics. Oh well...

Mark should be able to start something whether it be a conversation or heated argument of some kind. Come on Mark, shake this place up!

performer

Postby performer » May 10th, 2016, 2:24 pm

Alas I can't do it the way I used to do. Age you know. It has slowed me down. I have just done a trade show and am far too exhausted for shenanigans. And I just realised it is my birthday today. I am getting nearer and nearer the coffin any day.

I.M. Magician

Postby I.M. Magician » May 10th, 2016, 2:29 pm

Well, happy birthday to you! Don't get too close to the coffin...

performer

Postby performer » May 10th, 2016, 4:53 pm

It worked! They are starting to talk again!

Anthony Vinson

Postby Anthony Vinson » May 10th, 2016, 5:40 pm

Perhaps we've come to the end? It's all been said. Sigh. If only Richard would get those Jennings books finished then we'd have something to talk about!

Uh, Richard, just in case it failed to translate, that was intended to be humorously ironic - Or ironically humorous - since were you so recently called upon for yet another update.

I.M. Magician

Postby I.M. Magician » May 10th, 2016, 5:42 pm

I am waiting for the Deland book. For me, that's the cat's meow.

performer

Postby performer » May 10th, 2016, 5:56 pm

What about MY book? A most illustrious literary manuscript concerning a most illustrious person. It is called "The Lives of a Showman"

I have been reading other magic biographies lately and they are terribly boring in comparison with this one. All they do is describe where the subject has been and where he has worked in chronological boring order. And how well he has done and how successful he has been. That sort of thing is terribly tedious.

My own book has bombs going off, infiltration of holy Christian fundamentalists, psychics and clients wrestling on the floor of psychic fairs and other great amusements. FAR more interesting! And naturally since I am the author you will not be able to put the book down because of my great gifts as a writer.

It can be purchased here:

http://www.marklewisentertainment.com/h ... cians.html

Tom Gilbert

Postby Tom Gilbert » May 10th, 2016, 6:26 pm

Happy birthday Mark. Do what ever you want, it's your day.

Leo Garet
Favorite Magician: Nobody In Particular

Postby Leo Garet » May 11th, 2016, 9:24 am

performer wrote:That is what I've been saying! Perhaps I need to be rude to someone. That might do it!

You don't know how to be rude. It's simply not your nature.
Happy 39th by the way.

performer

Postby performer » May 11th, 2016, 10:03 am

I can't tell you how depressed I am concerning my birthday. I am in a state of denial over it.

performer

Postby performer » August 17th, 2016, 6:53 am

Tom Gilbert wrote:Happy birthday Mark. Do what ever you want, it's your day.

In that case I will take up your offer a year and a half later. Since I can do whatever I want then I shall repost a very recent quote from another forum (the forum where Harry Lorayne has take up residence).

"Hey everybody. A short while back Mark Lewis mentioned in a post that he has an authors page on Amazon. I promptly opened the app, found his memoir and purchased it. The other day I finally started reading it and all I can say is WOW! What a great read. I could'nt put it down. Mark is hilarious, brilliant wit, and what an amazing story. I'm sure there are many tales left untold but what an incredible journey. Immensely inspiring. I would implore anyone involved in any branch of our beloved art to give it a read. Among the hilarious prose there are many lessons to glean if one has an acute sense of reading between the lines.
Mark - if you read this : thanks for the laughter, the insight.. and the bitter sweet tears. WOW!!! "

Return to “General”