5-Way Colouring Book

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
Sean Piper

5-Way Colouring Book

Postby Sean Piper » April 28th, 2003, 3:50 am

Has anyone used 'The Book of Imagination' 5-Way Colouring Book? Any converts from 3-Way to 5-Way?

I got mine in the mail today, because I love the Colouring Book effect, but EVERYONE does it. Hoping to retain the trick in a new context I ordered the 5-Way. However the handling seems very awkward.

Any tips/advice?

Re: 5-Way Colouring Book

Postby Guest » April 28th, 2003, 2:01 pm

I've never seen the one you have, but I've had a 5-way (or may be 6-way) coloring book for about 10 years now, and have never used it. Like you, I feel the handling is a little awkward.

Steve Thomas

mghia
Favorite Magician: Me or Doug Henning

Postby mghia » September 21st, 2015, 12:16 pm

Hello
Sorry for the "late response" . If I had known of your post I would have gladly helped you. I am the creator of The Book Of Imagination. I have used the book in every children show I do since 1996. It is still being produced and you can find it on Danny Orleans AmazeKids site.

The first tip is not to think of it as a "coloring book". It is a book to focus their imagination. I have never had anyone in the audience question the top down flipping. It also makes it visually play larger.

The secret stuff just takes a few run through and your patter will create misdirection to move where you need to.

BTW, I recently added instructions on how to show a blank series of pages. If you, or anyone still have the book on the shelf but were unsure of how to use,pull it out and let me help you get it up and running. Just PM me. :D

Have and Amazing Day,
Mark Ghia
Kymystical/House of Wonder

Sean Piper

Postby Sean Piper » September 21st, 2015, 4:16 pm

Hi Mark,

What's 12 years between friends... :D Appreciate the response.

I'm sure I still have this tucked away somewhere. If I can dig it out I'll be in touch.

Cheers

Sean

Spellbinder

Postby Spellbinder » September 21st, 2015, 11:40 pm

3-way, 5-way only matters to those who still perform the same coloring book that was described in 1584 (Prevost and the Discoverie of Witchcraft)and even then have to purchase one commercially made, rather than make one from scratch even in these days of computers and inkjet printers. For those who can make their own, there is no limit to the number of ways it can be accomplished, including doing a reverse coloring book to restore it to its original state and give it to a child as an ordinary coloring book souvenir of the magic show. Methods are in Jim Gerrish's Kid Show Magic "The Coloring Book Revisited."
Phineas Spellbinder
The Magic Nook

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”