What exactly comes in 'Magicians Clock'

Post topics about the clever and unique creations the from Japanese magic company.

Moderator: Richard Kaufman

Mr Hurley

What exactly comes in 'Magicians Clock'

Postby Mr Hurley » July 18th, 2015, 5:55 pm

I acquired the 2008 redemption trick, 'Magicians Clock'. But I'm not sure if I have all the cards, as I have the 25 numbered cards and 1 blank card. Although every other picture I have seen for it has a ':' card.

Am I missing a card? Or do I have a variant?

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: What exactly comes in 'Magicians Clock'

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 18th, 2015, 9:32 pm

When the trick was first released, it did not have the "colon" card. You were supposed to draw the two dots on the blank card. Sounds like yours is complete, though I have not counted the number of cards in the one I have.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Mr Hurley

Postby Mr Hurley » July 19th, 2015, 1:14 pm

Thank you so much for the quick reply! This has been vexing me for weeks now!

That is so weird that there is a variant of the same redemption trick within the same year! And the only way to know seems to be cracking one open! Ouch!

What's weirder is that both the Japanese and the translated instructions don't give any indication of how many cards are supposed to come with the trick.

But man, it's a wondrous packet trick--with room to make it even better and more impossible. I'm glad I got it.

Would you happen to have any more information about why they decided to make a quick change from blank to ':'? Or will it be in Tenyo-Ism?

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 19th, 2015, 1:52 pm

I just counted the cards in my set: 26 (including the ":" card).
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

ecw

Postby ecw » July 20th, 2015, 11:09 pm

The Japanese instructions that I have do say that it comes with 25 cards and a : card. It also says what to do with the : card at the end of the instructions. I guess they updated the instructions when they added the card in.

Mr Hurley

Postby Mr Hurley » July 21st, 2015, 1:08 am

All right, the forum won't let me add a picture. To make this debacle a bit easier. I've taken a couple pictures of the instructions (with A LOT of the important stuff covered up).

I will say, I goofed, there IS an inventory on my instructions, I was expecting something along the lines of TOTAL cards. Something along the lines of '26 cards'. It does say 25 numbered cards. But my Japanese is quite rusty and I can't make out what it says after that. im not able to post in the forum, but I can email the pictures if anyone want to compare.

i also took a picture of the final reveal picture in the instructions and it does not feature a ':' card. Not sure if this card makes an appearance in the other instructions. I figured I'd ask.

Return to “Tenyo”