Lower and Lower The Ultra Tube Tumbles!

Post topics about the clever and unique creations the from Japanese magic company.

Moderator: Richard Kaufman

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Lower and Lower The Ultra Tube Tumbles!

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 21st, 2015, 3:40 pm

Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

PickaCard

Re: Lower and Lower The Ultra Tube Tumbles!

Postby PickaCard » February 22nd, 2015, 8:30 am

Richard,

What is your take on the weaker Tenyo market in the last year?

I built up most of my collection a little before the prices got out of hand, but it cost me significantly more than it would have today...

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 22nd, 2015, 10:40 am

Often high market prices in our small world can be driven by only two individuals who are bidding against one another. Once both of those people have the items, then the price drops.

As new people start collecting, those with money will drive the prices up again.

So, that's why prices go up and down.

There are also jerks who will buy duplicates, triplicates, and even quadruplicates just to prevent others from having them. Unfortunately, in the Tenyo collecting world, there are a few who are notorious for doing just that.

At the moment prices have dropped on all but the most hard-to-find items. My advice is to buy now. The publication of the Tenyo book will likely drive more people toward buying additional Tenyo pieces they don't have.

John Signa

Postby John Signa » February 22nd, 2015, 3:23 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:There are also jerks who will buy duplicates, triplicates, and even quadruplicates just to prevent others from having them. Unfortunately, in the Tenyo collecting world, there are a few who are notorious for doing just that.

Shhhh! You're giving away my plan to corner the market on China Surprise.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 22nd, 2015, 4:17 pm

You'd be amazed how popular "China Surprise" was in Japan.

I.M. Magician
Favorite Magician: All of the very best!

Postby I.M. Magician » February 22nd, 2015, 5:32 pm

The problem with China Surprise is that it has a limited appeal. Only those who are familiar with Dim Sum would appreciate the effect.

I was surprised to see that Tenyo released it worldwide. I expected that one to be a Japan only release.

Bill Marquardt
Favorite Magician: Pop Haydn

Postby Bill Marquardt » February 22nd, 2015, 6:01 pm

I am not a collector, but I do own a few pieces of Tenyo. I recently ordered a Crystal Cleaver, which is now on backorder. Meanwhile, I looked on eBay and saw at least three different versions of CC, not counting the Chinese rip-offs. One of those is made by Milton Bradley and sold in the UK. They were more than twice the price of what I am paying for a new, dealer supplied issue.

This is all very confusing for someone looking into Tenyo. How do you guys keep track of it all?

I.M. Magician
Favorite Magician: All of the very best!

Postby I.M. Magician » February 22nd, 2015, 6:15 pm

Years of studying and enjoying Tenyo pretty much. The only Crystal Cleaver you want is the genuine Tenyo issue and no other.

The safest way to buy your Tenyo is to get it from a proven reputable Tenyo seller and no one else.

By the way, shortly before Tenyo-ism is released, I am going to offer Genii Forum members some great deals on several Tenyo items.

Mr Hurley

Postby Mr Hurley » February 22nd, 2015, 6:31 pm

There are some small variants that make some of them unique ( looking at Mystery Dice and Coin In The Coffin )

Unless you're into getting boxed MB stuff, there's not really much reason to get them.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 22nd, 2015, 7:45 pm

Some of the Milton Bradley Magic Works "Tenyo" items are made by Tenyo, and they work well; others were made by Milton Bradley in a factory here in the United States and they don't work well at all (such as MB's version of Twister). People assume that all of the Tenyo designed tricks in the Magic Works line were manufactured by Tenyo, but that's not at all the case.

Bill: Tenyo still makes Crystal Cleaver, and Steve actually has one on eBay right now: http://www.ebay.com/itm/TENYO-CRYSTAL-C ... 5d555685c9

Return to “Tenyo”