New Simon Aronson Book!

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
erdnasephile

New Simon Aronson Book!

Postby erdnasephile » September 28th, 2014, 7:03 am

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic ... art-decko/

Ran across this by accident--looks cool!

Mike Kamlet

Re: New Simon Aronson Book!

Postby Mike Kamlet » September 28th, 2014, 10:50 am

Simon and Ginny will be presenting their full evening show It's The Thought That Counts

at IBM Ring 43 Evanston IL
Friday November 14th 7:30 PM

Following the show, Simon will be doing a lecture from the new book plus some of his classic effects.

For more information

http://ring43.org/Lectures_files/Simon% ... on%202.pdf

I'll post more as the event gets closer

Mike

Ted M
Favorite Magician: Dani DaOrtiz

Postby Ted M » September 28th, 2014, 11:19 am

Orders from Simon's own website will include a special set of four gaffed cards for free:

http://www.simonaronson.com/books.html

(The cards are otherwise $10, and not available elsewhere.)

Simon Aronson

Postby Simon Aronson » October 4th, 2014, 1:41 pm

I just discovered this thread, so here's a bit more information and clarification.

Yes, the manuscript for my new book Art Decko is now at the printer, with a target date for distribution and shipping of November 1. Believe me, after writing for over a year, I'm as eager to see it as you are.

Art Decko is a large (8.5 x 11) hardbound volume, with full color dust cover, black binding with silver lettering (matching my previous four large books). It's my largest book ever, containing over 325 pages of my most recent card magic. My website gives you more information about its contents.

I've just had my website http://www.simonaronson.com fully updated, and you can now pre-order your copy of Art Decko, at a price of $50.00. A few of the tricks require specially printed gaffed cards, so I had them printed by U.S. Playing Card Company, so they would be available for anyone who wanted them. I considered trying to include them with every copy of the book, but that would have increased the cost of the book to everyone, so I'm selling a packet of the four gaffs for $10.00 on my website. These gaffs are exclusive with me; they won't be available anywhere else (the same as the five gaffed Aces I sell for use with Try the Impossible).

I've always felt it's important to support creators and authors, so I'm grateful when people purchase directly from me. So, as a small 'thank you,' I will include the set of four specially printed gaffed cards as a free bonus with direct book orders. But don't worry, if you buy the book from your local magic dealer or the internet, you can still buy a set of the gaffs at my website. The book will be available from most reputable dealers; Murphy's is handling all wholesales, so dealers will be able to obtain it from Murphy's (again, the printer has offered a target date of November 1).

Finally, there's one more item that's an "add-on." The final trick in the book, Two by Two, is my take on ACAAN (sort of) but with a different slant. It's one of the strongest pieces I've come up with in a very long time -- but it requires a special deck of number cards. I had one such deck made for my own use, and I was so happy with it that I had the deck printed (in a limited quantity) for those who might want to try this routine. That deck is available separately for $ 25.00 at my website. It is not printed by U.S. Playing Card Company, but I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. My advice is to wait until you read the routine in Art Decko before you decide whether to purchase the number deck (you won't know exactly how I use the deck anyway until you read the book, because the deck alone is sold without instructions). The gaffed cards and the Two by Two number deck won't ship until the book is available.

You can immediately order Art Decko from me now, and once the book arrives from the printer, book orders will be shipped out in the order received. I pay postage on U.S. Domestic orders. There are PayPal buttons on my website, or for those who prefer snail mail, there are mailing instructions.

This is my first book in over 13 years, and I am really looking forward to seeing the finished product. I hope you are too.

Simon

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » October 4th, 2014, 2:55 pm

I apologize to Mr. Aronson. I did not think to check to see if the book was directly available from him before posting the above link. I would encourage interested parties to purchase directly from him as well.

timbrown
Favorite Magician: Frank Garcia

Postby timbrown » October 4th, 2014, 7:10 pm

I pre-ordered this from Vanishing Inc. before reading this string of messages. I wish that I had waited to order it directly from Simon (to get the free gaffed cards). Oh well ....

Mike Vance

Postby Mike Vance » October 9th, 2014, 5:18 pm

I was fortunate to be able to help out as a proofreader on this project, so I've already gotten to read it twice already, and this is an awesome book. It is well-written, teaches useful but manageable sleights, and contains a variety of material that should appeal to cardicians and mental magic aficionados as well. Even those already familiar with Aronson's material will be pleasantly surprised by the effects herein.

I found the essay on predictions, the simple Birthday Datebook system, some of the gaffs, and the Techniques taught to be especially interesting, but there should be something for everyone.

It's the book we've been waiting for from Simon for over a decade. Don't wait until it goes out of print before trying to get your copy--you'll be sorry.

Well done, Simon!

J Siegfried
Favorite Magician: Johnny Thompson

Postby J Siegfried » October 18th, 2014, 2:32 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know that Simon is now shipping his new book, "Art Decko" - I know this, because I was pleasantly surprised to find my copy in the mailbox this morning! Per usual, Simon's book is beautifully produced, and organized for easy reference. The standards which Simon holds himself to assure us that the effects and routines are excellent, and he also offers up a number of thoughtful, reflective and profound, essays, one of which, "Pondering Predictions," is especially insightful. So, if you have been waiting for "Art Decko" to launch... it has, and from all indications, it is another "must have" from the mind of Simon... I ordered mine directly from Simon: www.simonaronson.com
Every day you wake up is a good day...

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » October 18th, 2014, 8:15 pm

I just received the gaffs in the mail today (since I had preordered from Vanishing, Inc. before I knew the book was available from Mr. Aronson, the book is coming separately from them).

It's kind of fun wondering what kind of diabolical routines are going to use those interesting gaffs!

Return to “Buzz”