Smoothini on AGT

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Tom Frame
Favorite Magician: Del Ray

Smoothini on AGT

Postby Tom Frame » June 11th, 2014, 6:05 pm

Before seeing this clip, I wasn't familiar with Smoothini, whose real name is Tomas de la Cruz. Does anyone know him?

The judges were impressed by his performance. I wonder how far he'll advance in the competition. Unfortunately, a yodelling rodeo clown will probably win.

http://youtu.be/ZTy3qG_qInU

mrgoat

Re: Smoothini on AGT

Postby mrgoat » June 11th, 2014, 6:50 pm

Good for him. I know him from one forum, can't remember which. He posted as Smoothini the ghetto houdini.

He did well I thought. OK, nothing original, but I can see his 'street' style being popular. Popular enough to win? No way, a cute singing kid will win, but good for him nonetheless.

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » June 11th, 2014, 8:03 pm

Too jumpy and directionless for my taste. Super likable and possibly has the personality to continue on. But much like Collins Key he doesn't seem as if he has any real experience presenting more than a few surprising moments to those whose attention he can hold for a few seconds.

Anyone see the magic duo that did Philpott's 100th Monkey? They got a lot of mileage out of it, but was saddened that the judges enjoyed the "making a fool of the spectator" element the most. Which is doubly a shame, because they really didn't do that. I think it was their expectations showing in those comments.

The guys did something clever though. They needed to reinforce the alleged fiction of the effect more strongly (Howard expressed confusion as to what was supposed to be happening). They did state the premise, but it got lost.

With a little more careful scripting, and flipping their experiments as a celebration of what the mind can do instead of an opportunity to make fun of others (which I do NOT think they intended to be their message, at all), and I think these guys could go somewhere.

Psychokinetic touches is the obvious second piece for them. I have a super secret idea that would be great for their third piece!

Any comments on the tiny children throwing cards without sense?

Smoothini
Favorite Magician: The Amazing Jonathan

Postby Smoothini » June 13th, 2014, 12:16 am

Let's just say that in the 26 years I've been in our art, the 17 years performing at my level, in 5 languages, doing stand-up comedy, doing mentalism, doing my show in Vegas, etc... I can hold the attention of people for more than a few seconds.

Your baseless assumption that all I can do is that, is exactly that. Baseless.

At the end of the day, I delievered what would work in that format, for that show, for those people. Performing like a magician would have got me no where. But that is your opinion and I respect that. I just wish you would look at the bigger picture here. Magicians, the same group of people that will never be impressed with what I do and how I do it, are the same group that will NEVER hire me, buy a ticket to my show... and for the most part give a flying rat's ass about my career. Now the laymen that have never, ever seen the sponge balls, a thumb tip or card manipulation loved it.

So you tell me if I was right or wrong in presenting something on national television just to appease the format. Then when people buy a ticket and see my stage act, I can do what I want.

But then again, I'm just some ghetto kid with no chops, right? lol :lol:
Semi-Finalist on Season 9 of Americas Got Talent.

Thank you for not voting. lol

Rick Ruhl

Postby Rick Ruhl » June 13th, 2014, 7:07 am

you entertained them and impressed them. That's what counts. You brought close up magic to the national stage, that's what counts.

Bravo dude... Make em smile

Anthony Vinson

Postby Anthony Vinson » June 13th, 2014, 8:41 am

I, too, enjoyed his set. Earthshaking? No, far from it. Rehearsed? Deliberate? Entertaining? Yes, yes, and yes. He "worked" for the judges while still maintaining a connection with a theater audience. Sponge balls?! Seriously?! Yeah, seriously. Who amongst us doesn't recall the sense of wonder and surprise the first time we saw someone perform the effect? A thumb tip vanish?! Seriously? Yeah, seriously. I cannot help but consider the number of young magicians who were inspired by his use of the thumb tip on national television to dust theirs off and reach for a salt shaker. (Thanks to the myopic instructions in my TV Magic Set it was months before I realized my metal tip could be used for anything other than vanishing cigarettes in handkerchiefs.) I think we should be congratulating the guy and wishing him all the best. In fact, I do. Go for it, Smoothini, and best of luck to you!

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Postby Q. Kumber » June 13th, 2014, 8:58 am

I thought Smoothini did a great job.

Yes, it was a lot of fast direct magic in a short space of time, but all strong and visual. He figured out a way to connect with the judges and put together a three minute set..

What really goes on behind the scenes in these shows is totally different to what the audience sees and what you would do in the real world. Believe me, I know.

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » June 13th, 2014, 12:29 pm

as I always say, if someone offers criticism that you know is completely baseless, you ignore it. lt goes in one ear and out the other. However when someone gives you criticism and you feel the need to get defensive, that is an admission that deep down you know what they said may be true, or at the very least you lack utter conviction in your choices. Our emotions betray our confidence in our competence

dear jumpy, arrogant magician -

I don't care who you are or what you think you have accomplished. All that matters is what I saw on TV.

Your performance, for the TV audience, was poorly blocked and the moments of magic, deceptive no doubt for the people in front of your face, were less than clear to those at home - unless "guy flailing his hands about like a child pretending to do magic" is what you are going for.

if you allowed yourself to think beyond the limits of your own arrogance you would know that while close up may play well at the early stages, the judges have an established history of asking for more stage appropriate presentations - and by that I don't mean "large" though they like that to - I mean something they can sell as a million dollar act

what you have shown us so far is NOT that.

now, do you have those skils and abilities? do you know how to play to camera while engaging the judges? Do you know how to communicate to the audience not only what you are doing but why they should care?

I don't know. but based on what YOU demonstrated on TV, it is a fair question.

So - go check your ego at the door and realize that as great as you think you are, the only thing that matters is what shows up on the screen. That's not baseless. It's pure objectivity.

I stand by every comment I made. And as you willingly put your work in front of the public, you will just have to accept that - or do you feel yourself above criticism?

you can listen and improve or put your head in the sand and wave those hands around. you can pray your story is enough to win the producers favor, or you can deliver a product that people can see, understand and enjoy and stand on your own talent.

and just FYI - I book magicians for events all the time. And had that been your audition tape, you wouldn't have made the cut.

Are you going to cry or take a valid observation and use it to improve?

ps. you can play the kid from the ghetto card all you want, but I could give a rats ass about your 'story'. All I care about is the magic I see you perform on the screen and how it translates to the viewing audience. I don't care who you are. All that matters is what you do and how you do it.

Rick Ruhl

Postby Rick Ruhl » June 14th, 2014, 12:10 am

Well if Brad is the only one that doesn't like you act, then you are in pretty good shape ;)

silking

Postby silking » June 14th, 2014, 1:07 am

Well Brad, maybe your taste sucks !
Magically yours,
William DeFalco

Bill Duncan

Postby Bill Duncan » June 14th, 2014, 1:32 am

Brad Henderson wrote:All that matters is what I saw on TV.

Wow. That's a lot of ego even for a magician... What matters isn't what we magicians saw on TV, it's what the studio audience, the judges, and the home audience saw.

I saw a guy (who clearly had a lot of flight time in front of laymen) do a lot of magic in a short time. What the judges saw was something that made them want to see more.

And for the record, the only reason I saw it at all was that my boss (who couldn't give a damn about magic) sent me a link to the clip after seeing the show on TV with a one line explanation...

"It was awesome."

So really Brad, what you saw, and what I saw matter only to you, and me.

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » June 14th, 2014, 3:09 am

clearly that's not true, or our contestant friend would not have posted.

You also intentionally misread my post. The only thing anyone can and will judge someone on is that which is presented - not what is inside someone's head.

yes he did a lot of magic. It was really fast. and while someone who knows what the tricks are would have no problem following it, one of my layperson friends commented, "I don't know whats happening" and she wasn't talking about method. But what does an experienced director know, right?

I share that opinion. I share that opinion when it comes to most of the fodder being sold to kids as "street magic". Getting in someone's face and accosting them with a barrage of tricks each disconnected from any dramatic motivation (ie power) is hardly the apex of that which is possible in our art. Miracles take focus. Any of the things he did could have been a miracle. David Blaine's levitation was a miracle. This was a bunch of tricks.

A barrage of tricks dulls over time. that style is not conducive for any long form presentation. Can this contestant deliver in long form?

I have no idea

Which is why I made the very legitimate observation that if he can't, he will face an uphill battle.

But apparently our contestant is so thin skinned he cannot bear for a viewer to wonder about his chances in the future. And in what field is someone familiar in that field barred from criticism? By your logic a rip off of piff the dragon should be praised if the uninformed lay audience is entertained. Why should knowledge of an art disqualify one from commenting on that art? And is it inconceivable that a magician could have learned the ability to see magic from a perspective larger than that of a hobbyist? Shouldn't a magician be equally skilled at understanding what real people like? You act like this is a two headed big foot - a mythical possibility.

regardless, it is always refreshing to see someone who is so talented and experienced that they know that they are above criticism and without room for improvement.

how that attitude encourages growth is beyond me, but maybe improvement is over rated.

Andrew Martin Portala

Postby Andrew Martin Portala » June 14th, 2014, 9:01 am

I believe Horace Goldin did this but on a much bigger scale.

Andrew Martin Portala

Postby Andrew Martin Portala » June 14th, 2014, 9:02 am

Al Baker was right !

Andrew Martin Portala

Postby Andrew Martin Portala » June 14th, 2014, 9:04 am

Smoothini has now a great promo .

Fredrick
Favorite Magician: Eugene Burger

Postby Fredrick » June 14th, 2014, 4:19 pm

What I saw was a polished performer who has performed in the real world for real people. It was a very well executed set. Yes, it was fast but the conditions dictate it. The performance also had punch which the conditions also dictate as one needs to get and hold the audience and judges attention - which is short and fleeting. I hope that Smoothini continues to succeed as we all benefit from well performed magic in the public eye.
"Try to find the humanity in the magic..." ~ Michael Moschen
The Jinx Companion

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » June 14th, 2014, 5:21 pm

I enjoyed it.

Was it "magic with meaning"? Nah.

But, IMHO, it was perfect close-up for that venue. Loose, fun, and nailed the judges--which by extension, won the audience.

Sometimes I forget how powerful magic is even without the deep presentations.

I certainly preferred it to the overhyped/overreacted close-up one usually gets to see on national TV.

I wish you good luck, Smoothini--please continue to represent!

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » June 15th, 2014, 9:26 am

1) a presentation need not be overwrought to be clear. "look at what i can do" is a valid presentation, as long as it is clear that you are indeed the one doing something.

2) this approach has been shown to work to get past the early rounds. Collins Key used close up last year to get the foot in the door. Can this approach sustain through future rounds? History says no. As the show progresses the judges want more story - note their comments on dance teams and other similar acts. The judges want variety and texture - again, based on their history of comments.

Good for him for making the cut. No one here has said otherwise. He has the on stage personality to make it - his off stage person as seen here is a bit shallow and arrogant, but whatev's - but does he have the experience to deliver a longer form act?

There are lots of magicians who can hit and run. Standing on stage an moving an audience of thousands or millions is a completely different skill set.

if the producers like him, he will get help.

Let's hope he is wise enough to listen

Andrew Martin Portala

Postby Andrew Martin Portala » June 15th, 2014, 10:19 am

He has a tons of videos on Youtube. Very good and entertaining magic. I think he'll do well. It's really not about winning.If you read the small print you get the million dollars over a 40 year period . Getting exposure on television is priceless. Like I said he has a great promo video. His AGT video has 2,102,630 views.Not Bad .Collins Key was just on Queen Latifah.

Andrew Martin Portala

Postby Andrew Martin Portala » June 15th, 2014, 10:24 am

The director is god judges are nothing.

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » June 15th, 2014, 11:04 am

I think you mean producer. But yes, an actual talent contest it is not

At best it's a freak show - look at this poor person, how un talented they look. Oh wait, they can sing opera.

Andrew Martin Portala

Postby Andrew Martin Portala » June 15th, 2014, 11:09 am

You are right . I guess both.

brianarudolph

Postby brianarudolph » June 15th, 2014, 12:34 pm

Yes, unfortunately for the "winner" the money is paid out over 40 years, meaning you get $25,000 per year. A nice bonus if you are already employed, but not exactly an annual salary in and of itself that will sustain much of a lifestyle, especially in Las Vegas. This is what makes folks run to those third party groups that purportedly provide the equivalent of a lottery's "discounted cash value" to folks who come in to such a structured settlement all of a sudden - and end up getting half (or less) of the face value because $400,000 in a lump now sounds a whole lot better than $1,000,000 distributed in a $25,000 fragment once a year for 40 years. Plus (as with the lottery) the payment route ends up costing the show nothing since they pay that $25K out of the interest they're earning on a one-time deposit of principal (which is peanuts to them in terms of their overall budget.)

So since the show is really just using you, the thing to do (as others have said) is to leverage your appearance(s) to further your own goals, i.e., use them. Now it still behooves you to do good and advance as far as possible, of course, since the more appearances you make, the more it will help you. But forget about winning - play the game (read: don't piss off the producers) and return with better and better stuff each time. If you do somehow miraculously win, fine. But don't make winning your goal. Make "as many appearances/as much broadcast airtime as possible" your goal.

I have to give Smoothini tremendous props. I'm pretty convinced he's got all that figured out. Think about it: for his first appearance he did some of THE most basic magic of all time - and absolutely killed. How difficult will it be for him to come back with something that will top that in his next performance? I wouldn't be surprised to see him do an invisible deck for next appearance, and a cups and balls routine for his third appearance - and again totally fry everybody each time with the effect, his presentation and charm.

Compare that approach to a magician who comes on and leads with his/her best illusion staged in full production mode. The magician naturally earns the raves of the audience and the judges and advances in the competition. But now what? They just did the best thing they have. They fired their best shot. They're never going top their first appearance. Audiences and judges are let very down by the subsequent appearances … as are the producers. They were all expecting the magician to do something even better. The shooting star that lit up the night sky is suddenly fizzling to elimination.

Smoothini's challenge is to figure out the best possible sequence of effects for each of his appearances that play to his talent and presentation. Each one has to top his previous appearance while not topping it to such an extent that he is not able to top it (in the eyes of the audience, judges and producers) in his following appearance. But in Smoothini's case the challenge likely comes not from having too little material but from having too much material - a great place to be in.

It all comes down to basic show scheduling. He is essentially performing an entire magic show one 90-second segment at a time. So whether that is a single effect in 90 seconds, or a combination of effects in 90 seconds, there must be a progression to a big climax without any filler/low points along the way.

He just nailed the flashy opening sequence and got everyone's attention. I can't wait to see how he progresses on the show from here.

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » June 15th, 2014, 5:20 pm

Let's hope you are right. Though I don't think closeup will get him beyond maybe one more round. The judges have always demanded bigger.

I have wondered if closeup might play better if the judges or a couple of judges came up and sat around a table, Leipzig style - show them that small things CAN play on a big stage.

I think the smart third piece is 'the one thing he always dreamed of trying, and now that so many dreams are starting to come true, he wants to finally see if he can live his dream of ... (insert magic trick here).

The audience eats that 'overcoming difficulty - living the dream' crap up.

I also think he needs to be careful to preserve his Ghetto Houdini USP. The moment he looks like every other magician, he enters the competition and others will impact his future. Being unique makes other magicians irrelevant.

years ago I wrote an outline for an interesting piece that would be perfect for him - dramatic, visual, topical, human, and ideal for his USP.

There is a winning conceit literally sitting at his feet, if only he looks under the right rock and recognizes it for what it is.

Rick Ruhl

Postby Rick Ruhl » June 15th, 2014, 8:39 pm

Then just give it to him, Brad... See if he thinks it will work for him.

Just bragging you have something on here means nothing.. If he likes it and it works for him, then all these posts have meaning,,

In other words , prove it, prove to magic YOU can make magic the overall winner..

My guess is you won't be able too.. Ask Kevin James...or JP, they know... Reality tv is not real,,

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » June 15th, 2014, 9:18 pm

when did I say reality TV is real? show me that quote.

I will not "give" it to him here for many reasons:

1) we don't value that which comes easily
2) it's a great idea which the right person could use to make a real impact - in real world non agt contexts. What good can come from diluting that impact by releasing it in this form?
3) I have nothing to prove. I know it's an amazing idea. Some day you may get to see it. I would love to know what you think. If it never gets seen, I'm ok with that too.

As to your implication that magic cannot win; I would have agreed except last year a dog act took the prize. So, I think the producers are willing to back a non singer/dance team. maybe not for a few years.

but thanks for your vote of confidence. At least I saw smoothdini's act before criticizing it.

Andres Reynoso

Postby Andres Reynoso » June 17th, 2014, 1:53 pm

I watched the video because a workmate shared me the link and said "it has good tihngs. hasn't it?" It seems he has his charm with lay people.

Things liked me: the technique, it seems all well executed.
Things didn't like me: lack of presentation and unity.

standard material, yes, but as have been commented, he can reserve the strongest for next phases.

I have read some ideas, philosophy, comments ... either way you want to name them, that Brad has published on magazines and I really respect his opinions. Maybe it sounds hard, it hurts ego and/or selfesteem, but if Brad would do an observation about my work, I would consider it. Analize it, think about it, then is opt to you if take it or throw away.
Andres Reynoso

Andres Reynoso

Postby Andres Reynoso » June 17th, 2014, 2:03 pm

Brad Henderson wrote:I also think he needs to be careful to preserve his Ghetto Houdini USP

Brad: What means USP? Is it for Unique Selling Proposition? I'm not familiar with english abbreviations.
Andres Reynoso

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » June 17th, 2014, 6:04 pm

Andres Reynoso wrote:
Brad Henderson wrote:I also think he needs to be careful to preserve his Ghetto Houdini USP

Brad: What means USP? Is it for Unique Selling Proposition? I'm not familiar with english abbreviations.

Unique Selling Point. Good guess though!

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » June 17th, 2014, 6:17 pm

USP = unique selling proposition/point - I've heard both.

"the ghetto Houdini" is an interesting hook. The question he should always ask is "what would my character do/how would he do it" - this will eliminate a lot of magic for him, which is a good thing!

The idea that as the ghetto Houdini he didn't have fancy props is an ok conceit, but if that premise just leads to standard closeup fair he will be judged in comparison to every other magician they have seen.

The moment the audience starts comparing, you had better be the best they have seen, or else you lose.

If you are one of a kind, then you are judged on your own merits.

The goal of the magician is to redefine what magic means to his or her audience. The magician who makes the audience feel the most deeply will redefine magic for his or her audience.

Tricks don't make people feel deeply.

Fooling is a shallow emotion, as is surprise.

To move people they must first be engaged.

make them stop. make them look. take them out of time. give them room to feel.

hard?

on agt - yes. but the singers and dancers manage to do it, even by singing songs written by strangers and familiar to their audience.

But the most successful manage to interpret those songs in a way that allows the audience to hear them with new ears.

They do this by infusing their character into the presentation - and sometimes in ways that are unexpected. He hear the song THROUGH them. it is different and takes us to new places.

he's got the hook - the question is how he will hang his future offerings upon it

thanks for the kind words.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » June 17th, 2014, 6:53 pm

Brad Henderson wrote:USP = unique selling proposition/point - I've heard both.

"the ghetto Houdini" is an interesting hook. The question he should always ask is "what would my character do/how would he do it" - this will eliminate a lot of magic for him, which is a good thing!

The idea that as the ghetto Houdini he didn't have fancy props is an ok conceit, but if that premise just leads to standard closeup fair he will be judged in comparison to every other magician they have seen.

The moment the audience starts comparing, you had better be the best they have seen, or else you lose.

If you are one of a kind, then you are judged on your own merits.

The goal of the magician is to redefine what magic means to his or her audience. The magician who makes the audience feel the most deeply will redefine magic for his or her audience.

Tricks don't make people feel deeply.

Fooling is a shallow emotion, as is surprise.

To move people they must first be engaged.

make them stop. make them look. take them out of time. give them room to feel.

hard?

on agt - yes. but the singers and dancers manage to do it, even by singing songs written by strangers and familiar to their audience.

But the most successful manage to interpret those songs in a way that allows the audience to hear them with new ears.

They do this by infusing their character into the presentation - and sometimes in ways that are unexpected. He hear the song THROUGH them. it is different and takes us to new places.

he's got the hook - the question is how he will hang his future offerings upon it

thanks for the kind words.

Exactly right. And exactly why my Tony Sagittarius act works. Although I've only done it a few times in public, the fact that the CHARACTER works is what makes the act work. Ghetto Houdini has legs. But how far could that character go? What would a proper ghetto magician do? Why would he do it? How would he do it?

I enjoyed his act but appreciate all the comments you have made trying to push him. A thumb tip isn't ghetto. Sponge balls aren't ghetto. What if he did sponge ball act with nickel bags? Such potential...

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » June 17th, 2014, 8:13 pm

there is a juicy one just waiting for him. it could be a game changer!

I've said too much.

PapaG

Postby PapaG » June 18th, 2014, 11:48 am

Approaching the judges at their desk was a really smart thing to do. It brought an intimacy that would have been completely lacking if a spectator had been asked up onto the stage (which would look a bit hokey and 'here we go again, another bloody magician'....) It also put Smoothini on the same level as the judges both in terms of physicality and status (in fact higher than them, as he stood over them). They were brought into the same frame as Smoothini so he shared in their status. And the camera was directed at their reactions. Very smart move.

Obviously it had to be coupled with confident, smooth magic to work.

I'm wondering what else was included in the performance - I'm assuming the bit was edited down for TV. I'd be interested to know what stuff was left out of the edit. I'm guessing that the visual stuff was kept in and card magic kept out (apart from the manipulation). I'd be interested to know - the assumption being that card magic is seen as too obvious and uninteresting to the layman. Likewise, what went over best with the judges. Maybe Smoothini can let us know.

And forget what these others are saying. They'd have you doing crack pipe manipulation, the weed bag and coming on with two 'ho assistants.

The magic was great. Ghetto as in the real deal. It spoke for itself.
Last edited by PapaG on June 18th, 2014, 2:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

shatteredorbit

Postby shatteredorbit » June 18th, 2014, 2:18 pm

another thing i noticed about the performance and i wonder if it was intentional. No attempt was made to bring Howard Stern into the mix. He stood up so he could see over the other heads. Also Howie Mandel is a self proclaimed germophobe. Ending with the pen and the nose seemed childish to me, but the reaction that Howie gave really enhanced that effect because it was HIS PEN that was used.

GlennWest
Favorite Magician: Tyler Wilson

Postby GlennWest » June 18th, 2014, 2:24 pm

All the laymen I know who saw him, loved him. That's good enough for me.

PapaG

Postby PapaG » June 18th, 2014, 2:55 pm

@shattererdorbit
Quite. Intentional or not, it definitely all added to the impact.

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » June 18th, 2014, 7:06 pm

all the close up magicians go down to the judges. Hardly innovative. I contend bringing the lot of them onstage and having then sit around a table, cheated forward for the audiece, would have the potential to be more interesting.

having the judges come into his space makes him more powerful than him begging at their table for attention.

Anyone catch stern's comment on the magician last night? He commented on the fact it was clearly a well thought out presentation, not just a bunch of tricks like the other magicians do. he saw it as a well conceived routine and to him that set the magician apart from the rest.

I found that telling

I did not care for how the camera cut away a lot. The directors know the importance of the judges/audience reaction shots. if all of the parties were facing nearly the same direction as per my suggestion the camera wouldn't need to jump as much.

Where is Leipzig when you need him?

The guy last night really seemed to impress them as well. I think most performances of story decks beg the question - what is the effect.(an act of improv, a card controlling demo?) his presentation failed to address it clearly but he managed to get a good reaction.

he seemed rushed. shame these shows aren't conducive to letting a performance breathe.

Rick Ruhl

Postby Rick Ruhl » June 20th, 2014, 1:47 am

well his video went viral. That's what it takes in today's YouTube society.

Score 5,000,000 views for him! And he was at Jeff McBrides tonight....

You go Tomas!!!!!

amagic

Postby amagic » June 20th, 2014, 7:15 am

I think it is fair to say that what Smoothini performed was items which work in the real world, none of this YouTube magic you can perform to one person if they are stood right in front of you. These were well honed effects which he will have performed 100s, if not 1000s of times for 'real' people, people who pay his wage, it was good to see!!!
Alan

The Fylde Mystics: www.fyldemystics.co.uk

Brad Jeffers

Postby Brad Jeffers » June 20th, 2014, 3:23 pm

Let's not forget that Smoothini is being billed as a bar magician. Although the term ghetto Houdini is amusing, he is not presenting "ghetto" magic.

What he is presenting is expressly bar magic.

In coming down to the judges, Smoothini nicely replicates the environment of the bar magician.

Well done.

Return to “Buzz”