Seminar with the Fat Brothers

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
erdnasephile

Seminar with the Fat Brothers

Postby erdnasephile » June 2nd, 2014, 8:34 pm

I noticed at the IBM/SAM Convention there is going to be a special extra charge event with the Fat Brothers. So far, I can't find any published information on what this event will be like.

Has anyone ever participated in a paid seminar with these three guys? If so, what does it entail and was it worth the money for you?

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Re: Seminar with the Fat Brothers

Postby Dustin Stinett » June 4th, 2014, 2:57 am

I can give you an idea of how they are describing it for the convention program.
Since all three are doing individual lectures there as well, the seminar will have "finer points and inside stuff" that they do not divulge at these other lectures and will not release anytime soon. You will need to sign up when you register at the convention and the attendance is "very limited." I do not know how much it will cost.

Doug Thornton
Favorite Magician: David Copperfield, Penn & Teller, Harry Anderson, Derren Brown, Mac King

Postby Doug Thornton » June 4th, 2014, 4:44 pm

I checked with the convention registrar and here's the reply:

It looks like they will be charging 50 for this. I believe they will have a booth in the dealers' room and will be collecting the fee themselves. This is not through the convention.
Smiles all around
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SAM161CALENDAR/
SAM 161 - The David Copperfield Assembly
https://www.sam161.com/

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » June 4th, 2014, 6:23 pm

Thanks, guys.

Additional question: I do not speak Spanish and sometimes I have found the DVD's of the guys just a little hard to follow for me personally--are they difficult for non-Spanish speakers to learn from in person? I imagine I will be taking lots of notes on the material, and I'm concerned that I'm going to miss a lot if I can't understand the guys as well as I should. (My fault for not taking advantage of language arts when I was in school).

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » June 5th, 2014, 1:08 am

I can verify that there is a booth in the dealers room that has been set aside for all of the lecturers at the convention.

Smurf

Postby Smurf » June 5th, 2014, 1:34 am

I have seen lectures by Christian Engblom (twice) and Dani DaOrtiz (once) and there is no problem in understanding them.

I don't know about Mr. Gea, but others may be able to let you know.

MartinKaplan

Postby MartinKaplan » June 5th, 2014, 10:26 am

Erdnasephile:

I don't know if you received my PM here on the Forum, but others seeme to have answered your questions. With regard to Gea, he did a Penguin Live lecture in English that received rave reviews. You can check it out here http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3805

-Marty

Larry Horowitz

Postby Larry Horowitz » June 5th, 2014, 3:49 pm

I have been fortunate to spend time with all three brothers, separately and together.

$50 for a seminar with them is a bargain! Don't miss it.

Return to “Buzz”