The May Issue of Genii is Now Live Online!

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Bill Mullins

May Issue

Postby Bill Mullins » April 15th, 2013, 4:06 pm

The new issue is up at AskAlexander.
(On p 58, I count five Nina's. How many can you find?)

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

The May Issue of Genii is Now Live Online!

Postby Richard Kaufman » April 16th, 2013, 9:15 am

Our May issue is now available for viewing on your computer, and downloading to your smartphone or tablet.
The cover story is a 31-page opus by Jim Steinmeyer on Doug Henning's show Merlin--it's the real deal: a behind-the-scenes story the likes of which you've never read before.

We also have all our usual columnists with great works, and lots of video and audio files.

So read and enjoy!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

erdnasephile

Re: The May Issue of Genii is Now Live Online!

Postby erdnasephile » April 16th, 2013, 10:51 am

Having fun watching the videos. More Genii Speaks is funny.

BTW, is there any more to the David Ben interview? It seems like he gets cut off mid sentence.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » April 17th, 2013, 10:02 am

I edited the end of the David Ben interview as well as could be done with my meager talents. For some reason, the camera operator actually did cut him off in the middle of the next sentence.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Steve Bryant
Favorite Magician: Ballantine

Postby Steve Bryant » April 18th, 2013, 6:06 pm

I just had the pleasure of reading the Jim Steinmeyer article on Merlin. This is one of the most enjoyable reads I've found in Genii, and Jim's caricatures are really charming. Merlin seems as if it were only yesterday, so I was surprised by Jim's reminding me that we were all much younger when it was running. (I am also surprised to learn that this show was the Broadway debut of Nathan Lane!)

I did see Merlin, one of only three Broadway productions I've been lucky to see, and enjoyed it a lot. Doug was great, and the trailer in the digital Genii brings back nice memories. The day I attended, Elliot Gould sat across the aisle from me, and he had brought four children with him. Being unused to Broadway ticket prices myself at the time, I thought, wow, you'd have to me a movie star to treat four kids! The audience that day was much more appreciative than the critics ever were. We all had a great time.

Jeremy Greystoke

Postby Jeremy Greystoke » April 18th, 2013, 6:11 pm

The paper copy of the May Genii arrived today in SW Virginia. I had read Jim's article online and it was quite the education. Unlike Steve, I didn't get the chance to see the Broadway production of Merlin, so this was a great insight into something I was only familiar with through brief mentions and reviews in periodicals. Another really excellent issue! Thanks and kudos to Richard and the contributors.

Jeremy

Mark Paulson

Postby Mark Paulson » April 19th, 2013, 10:18 pm

I just got my paper copy in the mail here in Seattle. The Merlin article is terrific. Thanks to Jim Steinmeyer for taking all those notes back in the day! I can just imagine how short the article would be if he hadn't.

Return to “General”