Who is Peto Biro?

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Pete Biro

Re: Who is Peto Biro?

Postby Pete Biro » August 31st, 2004, 11:22 pm

Wells... you could have had a better subject for your FIRST POST... welcome aboard Amigo.

Can't wait to get back for another dinner at the Inn in Little Washington. (Just need to sell one of the children)!
Stay tooned.

Steve Bryant
Favorite Magician: Ballantine

Postby Steve Bryant » September 1st, 2004, 7:12 am

Pete,

One of the things you missed at MAGIC Live was the implementation of Bill's spectacular idea to have the close-up magic performed in its natural environment, such as a bar, a restaurant, a trade show, a theater (a la Castle Close-up Gallery). Stan's guys took this to the limit.

Bill Wells

Postby Bill Wells » September 14th, 2004, 4:30 pm

Thanks Steve, while I did suggest this to Stan four ideas ago when he first started thinking about doing a convention, the real credit for implementing this idea should be given to Stan and to Rory Johnston who did the actual setting up of the "Close Up Experience". Rory did a fantastic job and proved the old adage that "the devil is in the details" with many, many, fine touches to each of the settings.
Bill Wells

Glenn Bishop

Postby Glenn Bishop » September 15th, 2004, 7:08 pm

Who is Pete Biro. He is one of the greatest guys in magic. As my Father put it - was one of today's great magicians that could do both comedy stage magic and close up at the tables.

As my Father put it he is one of the greatst guys in magic.

I met Pete Over the internet and you know Pete is always giving to us younger magicians (but not that much younger) - ideas - stories - the gift of magic. He knows so much about the art and he gives this to me and others!

I met Pete later that year at the Magic Castle. With him in a bag was a set of Galli Galli Cups.

Those cups I got from Pete are now in my show and are the best set I have ever owned.

Besides that Pete helped me book the castle after I had a problem with being booked at other shows. I was to busy with shiows when they first called and Pete helped with new booking dates and keeping the Castle people interested.

And he also helped me by giving a lot of great advice on how to work the close up room - what to do in the show (magicians magic or normal magic) and how to dress for this important show.

Like my Father (the late Billy Bishop) said to me - Pete Biro is one of the greatest guys in magic...

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » April 14th, 2006, 5:32 pm

Yikes... I just stumbled onto this OLD thread... geez it sounds like an obituary. Not yet!
Stay tooned.

Rick Ruhl

Postby Rick Ruhl » April 14th, 2006, 11:33 pm

you aren't allow to die, you have too much knowledge in that brain of yours.

More DVD's, that's what we need from you. Make sure all that knowlegde stays with the next generation of magic, in the 2100's.

Postby Guest » April 15th, 2006, 5:49 am

Who is Pete Biro? I met Mr.Biro many years ago at The OMC Spaghetti Feed & Competition where he was emceeing. I was asked by the late Dave Berry, then president, to represent the local IBM Ring in the competition. My fondest memory is standing back stage next to Mr.Biro listening to remarks and comments as he watched the acts from the wings. I learned so much that night. It's true, he's a wealth of information,stories and most of all, a true "guardian" of our craft.

Charlie

Bill Wells

Postby Bill Wells » April 15th, 2006, 6:39 am

Pete Biro is a former Dalmatian owner.
Bill Wells

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » April 15th, 2006, 9:09 am

WRONG, BILL... you know better. The Dalmation OWNED ME!
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » April 19th, 2006, 12:42 pm

He is Mrs Biro's little boy Pete!

Bryan

Return to “General”