Tabman

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Leonard Hevia
Favorite Magician: Dai Vernon, Frank Garcia, Slydini, Houdini,

Tabman

Postby Leonard Hevia » August 18th, 2012, 6:35 pm

Is this business still operating? I know he passed away several years ago. Their e-mail address fails to work (for me):
fursclass@magicdmv.net

I'm just looking for his classic walnut with brass tips wand.

hugmagic

Re: Tabman

Postby hugmagic » August 18th, 2012, 10:24 pm

The business was bought by Ray and Debora Witkowski. It is for sale and Ray has been fighting ALS and is unable to work on hardly anything.

You might write and see if they anything already done.

Richard
Richard Hughes
www.hughesmagic.com

Leonard Hevia

Postby Leonard Hevia » August 19th, 2012, 1:07 am

Thanks guys! I already tried writing but the e-mail came back with a Failure Notice. I hope Ray gets better...

hugmagic

Postby hugmagic » August 19th, 2012, 6:36 am

I would try the old fashioned letter if there is an address. I am afraid the outlook for Ray is not good but he is still in good spirts.

Richard
Richard Hughes

www.hughesmagic.com

Leonard Hevia

Postby Leonard Hevia » August 19th, 2012, 4:22 pm

Hi Richard--
A different e-mail address turned up that went through fine.

gstoll

Postby gstoll » September 19th, 2012, 12:32 pm

They are no longer selling anything. I ordered something in March but could never get a response. This a.m. I called the phone number listed and spoke with Debbie. She said that the business was for sale and Ray has ALS (sorry to hear).

hugmagic

Postby hugmagic » September 19th, 2012, 10:26 pm

Please keep Ray and Debra in your prayers.
Richard
Richard Hughes

www.hughesmagic.com

Dave Shepherd

Postby Dave Shepherd » June 3rd, 2013, 12:52 pm

Haven't been on here in awhile, but I got on this morning to do a search for Tabman Wands.

Alas, when I went to tabmantables.com (the site for the company that had been making the wands), I saw a notice that its proprietor, Ray, had died. It looks like Ray's daughter is looking for somebody to buy the business.

There was no information as to when this was posted, but I take it from the timing of this current thread that it must have been in recent months.

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » June 3rd, 2013, 8:06 pm

Ray's obituary:
The Herald (Sharon, PA) - March 8, 2013
Deceased Name: Raymond Witkowski Well known magician volunteered for charities
---- —

Raymond Witkowski of New Wilmington, entered into Heaven after an extended illness on Wednesday morning, March 6, 2013, in his home, surrounded by his family. He was 56.

Mr. Witkowski was born Jan. 12, 1957, in New Castle to Stanley and Gwendola Riggs Witkowski.

Ray graduated from Lawrence County Vocational Technical School in 1975.

He married his wife Debora, on Aug. 29, 1977.

Ray was an award-winning magician who performed with Debora throughout the country for the past 30 years. He was a longtime active member of the Youngstown Magic Club and Mystic Magicians of the Beaver Valley. He greatly enjoyed performing and collaborating with his fellow magicians.

He supported a number of charities by volunteering his talents for events and fundraisers.

Ray worked for Mercer County Agency on Aging for the past 30-plus years.

He was preceded in death by his father, Stanley Witkowski.

He is survived by his mother, Gwendola Witkowski, New Wilmington; and his wife of 36 years, Debora Dawson Witkowski.

Also surviving are: his brother, Gregory Witkowski and his wife Margie, Jacksonville, Fla.; sisters, Betty and her husband Bill Brown, Cortland, Ohio; and Carol and her husband Albert Schoverling, Clearwater, Fla.; his son, Jeremiah Witkowski and his wife Gretchen, West Middlesex; daughter, Malinda Witkowski Koncar, West Middlesex; and grandson, Nathaniel Witkowski.

Ray actively advocated the ALS Association which is working to find a cure and raise awareness for ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis), also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease.

In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to any PNC Bank to The Raymond Witkowski Fundraiser.

The family would like to extend heartfelt thanks to everyone who supported, prayed for and raised funds for Ray and the family.

No calling hours or funeral is planned. A memorial is planned for the summer with date to be announced.

Return to “Buzz”