The Digital Edition of the December Issue of Genii will be Available Tuesday

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

The Digital Edition of the December Issue of Genii will be Available Tuesday

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 14th, 2011, 3:55 pm

The Digital version of the December issue will be available on your computer tomorrow (Tuesday) and on the iPad and iPhone on Wednesday. A little late because of my trip to the History Conference in LA.

The paper issue has already been mailed. Details to follow!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Scott M.

Re: The Digital Edition of the December Issue of Genii will be Available Tuesday

Postby Scott M. » November 16th, 2011, 11:31 am

My iPad edition showed up last night. Really liked Danny Orleans video supplement to his review column. Hope he keeps it up. No More Genii Speaks, though -- assuming I have to redownload the issue when that is ready?

Richard Kaufman

Re: The Digital Edition of the December Issue of Genii will be Available Tuesday

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 16th, 2011, 3:56 pm

Scott, you downloaded the iPad issue before they were finished processing the videos. It was done by this morning. Please delete that issue and download it again and you'll find all the videos are there.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 16th, 2011, 3:57 pm

And, yes, it should not even be showing up to be downloaded before they've finished processing all the videos, but that's just one of many small problems I'm having with the company who's doing the work.

Mark Paulson

Postby Mark Paulson » November 16th, 2011, 9:47 pm

I received my paper Genii today. Man, that is fast.

Travis
Favorite Magician: Charles Morritt

Postby Travis » November 17th, 2011, 10:17 am

Richard,

The web version doesn't seem to be working for me today. Any word on that?
The article looks great and I love that the video embeds of Franz are nice and big.

Travis
Favorite Magician: Charles Morritt

Postby Travis » November 17th, 2011, 10:22 am

Disregard. It's working for me now.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 17th, 2011, 8:24 pm

The December issue of Genii, The Conjurors' Magazine, is now in the mail and online for your reading and viewing pleasure. We have more audio and video supplements in our free-to-subscribers digital edition, so make sure to register your email address with us if you're a subscriber so you can take advantage of all we offer every month.

Genii continues its 75th Anniversary year with a really big cover story on a really big show: Franz Harary's performance of the double jumbo version of Mega Magic for 30,000 people in an outdoor stadium in Guangzhou, China. It took 53 trucks to haul it all and featured 22 of his illusions. He was flanked by video screens the size of small cities and, yes, there was also a monsoon. Our digital edition has two videos of the show: one backstage and one of the show itself.

There are five new Tenyo tricks for 2012, with two by Lubor Fiedler. It's one of Tenyo's best line-ups in many years and we have a write-up of all five tricks, plus a video demo of each in our digital edition. Tenyo has also put out five new Tokyo Disney branded items this year, and Ill discuss those as well.

Its been a while since Jim Steinmeyer presented an illusion for you, and in this months Conjuring he explains how to square a circle with a human--an illusion simple to build and perform.

The third installment of Aaron Fisher Teaches Card Magic, a mini-course in magic with the pasteboards, brings you into the world of how to properly hold a break. That may seem like kids stuff, but I cant tell you how many otherwise expert cardmen cant hold a break properly.

David Britlands Cardopolis teaches two effects, Second Sight is the first, a bit of mentalism that packs minutely and plays tremendously, while the second resurrects a little Paul Rosini.

Lost Horizons features Max Mavens Stewart-Jamesian riff on putting lang and guage together with a series of three linguistical mysteries.

John Gaughan shows us a rare and beautiful Hofzinser Rose Mirror in Chamber of Secrets.

This months Magicana completes 11 years of Earle Oakes beautiful drawings appearing in Genii. He illustrated every installment of the column since our first issue in January 1999. Things will not be the same without his lovely lines to illuminate your learning, but carry on we must. David Acer continues his expert stewardship of Magicana with five new routines from Bob Farmer, Jay Sankey, Patrick Duffy, Patrik Kuffs, and Harry Lorayne;

Genii concludes its eleventh year under its current owners and publishers with our fine circle of critics: Eric Mead on books, Danny Orleans on tricks, and Joe M. Turner on videos. Danny Orleans has contributed his second trick-review-supplement video and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

We also have a video trip to Tenyo's magic shop in Tokyo Disneyland where you can see a demonstration by my friend Yuji Wada, as well as audio columns from Max Maven and Jon Racherbaumer. Jon also contributes a video performance of a very lazy card trick that should fool you.

CraigMitchell

Postby CraigMitchell » November 18th, 2011, 4:36 am

Fantastic article on Franz ...

magicrobharv

Postby magicrobharv » November 18th, 2011, 8:16 am

My paper copy arrived yesterday. Great Issue !

Jim Martin

Postby Jim Martin » December 3rd, 2011, 7:33 pm

December issue arrived in St. Louis today.
First stop was Earle's illustrations in Magicana - beautiful.

We are all fortunate to have shared in his elegant art.

Thank you Earle Oakes.
Requiescat in pace.
Jim Martin
St. Louis MO

A1exM

Postby A1exM » December 4th, 2011, 12:45 pm

Arrived last Friday in Somerset, England. Great read, also really enjoyed the Tenyo demos online. My vote for ' Best Genii' of the year is the Thurston issue closely followed by the Erdnase issue. Anyone else have a favorite issue?

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 5th, 2011, 8:01 am

My favorite is always the one I've just finished. :)

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » December 5th, 2011, 1:41 pm

My current favorite is going to be the upcoming January 2012 issue.

Andrew Pinard

Postby Andrew Pinard » December 5th, 2011, 2:54 pm

Arrived by post in NH today, 12/5/11... Thanks to the online version I read it almost three weeks ago (a good read BTW)...

Return to “Buzz”