Problem with 'LuLu Lemon' - Sept. 2011

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Joe Mckay
Favorite Magician: Lubor Fiedler

Problem with 'LuLu Lemon' - Sept. 2011

Postby Joe Mckay » November 3rd, 2011, 11:55 am

Hey,

Anyone tried doing 'LuLu Lemon' from the Spetember 2011 issues of GENII? It looks like a great trick but I think there are a couple of mistakes in the write-up.

Just want to see if anyone else has tried the trick - since at the moment it isn't quite working out for me and I think I am too stupid to figure out for myself what I should be doing instead.

Anyway - I will chip back in later if anyone needs more details as to what I think is missing from the write-up. But - I just wanted to mention it now in case anyone else has already figured out what the corrected instructions should be?

Anyway - I love your column David Acer, so apologies for raising this in public! It is just that the PM's are not working...

Lastly - my local shop just stopped selling GENII. So - I will be subscribing soon. But it means I haven't seen the October or November issues yet. So - apologies if the mistakes for the trick are addressed in one of those issues.

Joe

PS And since I have y'all attention. How about the Bob Farmer one-man MAGICANA special??? Any time soon?

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Re: Problem with 'LuLu Lemon' - Sept. 2011

Postby Joe Pecore » November 3rd, 2011, 12:00 pm

Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

Joe Mckay
Favorite Magician: Lubor Fiedler

Postby Joe Mckay » November 3rd, 2011, 12:56 pm

Cheers for that, Joe!

I could work my way through the first mistake. But the one involving the Biddle Ditch sequence was confusing me. Anyway - I am all clear now.

Thanks!

Joe

David Acer

Postby David Acer » November 3rd, 2011, 1:42 pm

Hi Joe,
Glad you were able to sort it out (we managed to bungle that one pretty thoroughly). As for Bob "Why Do a Classic Pass When You Can Just Knee the Spectator in the Groin Then Cut the Deck" Farmer, you'll be happy to hear that he has a great card trick in the December Magicana. (but make sure you take two steps back from him when he performs it.)
Now tweeting daily from @David_Acer

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » November 4th, 2011, 5:16 am

Take three steps back from Farmer at every opportunity.

Matt Field

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » November 4th, 2011, 9:39 am

I haven't used that Pass for years. I just say, "And now a trick invented by my friend Matt Field," and people cower, raise their hands in defensive gestures and look away. At that point, I cut the deck.

This will work in almost any language except Swahili--Matt's never been to Africa.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » November 4th, 2011, 9:57 am

Return to “General”