Disney - All About Magic - 1954

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Magic Newswire

Disney - All About Magic - 1954

Postby Magic Newswire » May 28th, 2011, 11:42 am

Here's a video of Walt talking about magic from 1954 for my fellow Disney fans: http://bit.ly/lLZMPg

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Disney - All About Magic - 1954

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 28th, 2011, 11:50 am

Note how Walt burns his hand on the chafing dish--you know that somebody caught hell for that later on.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Jim Martin

Postby Jim Martin » May 28th, 2011, 12:31 pm

(re: chafing dish - someone definitely caught hell from Uncle Walt with a different set of 'magic words'.)

It credits Hamilton S. Luske as director. Is there any other information regarding performer, consultants, etc.?
Jim Martin
St. Louis MO

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 28th, 2011, 12:37 pm

No information, though obviously they had a card manipulator. Might have been Harry Mendoza.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Lisa Cousins

Postby Lisa Cousins » May 28th, 2011, 4:49 pm

Wow, has this been an interesting progression for me to observe. Here's what I know about how this link has traveled:

Like many in the magic community, Bill Goodwin and I are both big Disney buffs, and we essentially divide our time between the Magic Castle and the Magic Kingdom - and it's a very rare occurrence if we don't run into other Castle people when we're at Disneyland.

Perhaps a year and a half ago, Bill decided to watch the entire Disney oevre, beginning with the very first production from 1922. For quite awhile, as he made his way through the early animated shorts of the 1920's, he had an amusing habit of describing what the normal happenings of life would look like "if this was a cartoon." For example: we once made the terrible mistake of riding California Screamin' in the rain, which was actually painful. Bill said "If that was a cartoon, it would have been raindrops wearing boxing gloves punching us in the face."

Anyhow, Bill has now reached the late 1950's in his Disney-in-order quest, and he came upon the clip linked to above. He posted it to the Magic Castle Forums, and from there it went to Jon Armstrong's facebook, on to iTricks, and now I see it here on Genii via Magic Newswire.

I'll have to ask Bill what that would look like if it was a cartoon.

Magic Newswire

Postby Magic Newswire » May 28th, 2011, 7:45 pm

Thanks Lisa! Always feel free to send me links that you'd like to share! This is a great clip

Return to “Buzz”